I have been searching for relief since Dec. 2017 after colonoscopy w/hemmroid surgery.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Symptoms of itching, rawness and irritation are inhanced when lower back discs are hurting. Stress and anxiety seem to add to symptoms. After numerous dr visits, creams and misdiagnosis of herpes1 flareup to NO TOTAL  relief, I read about all your similar cases, and advice and now I am on a new mission.

1. Wash all underwear, washcloths and hand towels to be used in that area and dry without fabric softener or fabric sheets.

2. No more salves except light layer of  lydecain pain cream and then light layer of Desitine.

3. Wash gently w/warm cloth (no soap) gently dry. I used to wash and dry roughly because that feeling seems dirty.

4. I refrain from itching, because the more you itch, the more you need to.

5. I wear thin panty liners because of light bladder leaking which adds to irritation.

I believe the colonoscopy prep (w/diarrhea) and hemorrhoid surgery treatment (hot soaking, numerous healing creams) brought on my flare up. 

I am 66, sexually inactive, post menapausal after complete hysterectomy approx. 30 yrs ago.

For several years the vaginal area has been sensitive, but this bout is horrible.

Will check back in a couple of weeks with results.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.