I have been sent another was questionnaire

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I've been sent another questionnaire after being put in an unable to work support group after a face to face assessment just last month . Which was horrendous. I was absolutely I'll and they wanted to send me home a few times. I said no I wanted this over and done with. And now I have to send this by 18th of January. I'm in a terrible state. I have a prolapsed spine and a disc hernaition. S1 l5. It can't be fixed. I feel I'm being intimidated. Is this normal after only month being put in a incapable to work support group. On the highest rate . What should i do. Is this normal. Ofcoarse I'll send it in but it's having to go through all this again

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

It's meant to say esa assessment

• Posted

Hi Nicola

You often get these forms to fill in. You find you can answer the qusetions off by heart, as you get so many. I got them roughly every 3 months. For ages. Then they stopped all of a sudden. Don't get yourself worked up. This will not effect your money at all.

• Posted

Thanks bobbyboo. That assesment was horrendous. I found it to be so quick to repeat it all again. This is all new to me. I'll send it away. Just felt I was being picked on

• Posted

HI Nicola,

Hi,

you say you've only just been placed into the Support Group, when was this decision made please? They can re-assess you at anytime however this ESA50 form could have been sent in error as this has been know. My advice to you would be to ring ESA and ask them why you've been sent this form so soon after being placed into the support group, as they're the only ones that can tell you why. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi I think I will ring them tomorrow. Got put on the unable to work support group on 30th november. I got the face to face interview on start of november.
  • Posted

Make sure you put on the the ESA50,you will require a home visit and cannot travel in your condition ,ask your GP to write a supporting letter that explains why  you can't travel  to their farce, also best to request that they audio record the farce too, cuts the ammount of lies they can tell

• Posted

Hi, if you read through the replies then you'll see that Nicola was placed in a group at the end of November, s recieving the ESA50 from was clearly an error, which was why i adviced to ring DWP asking why another was sent.

• Posted

Hi everyone I called them. Even though I have been put in to the unfit to work category i still have to do this questionnaire every 3 months.
    • Posted

When you say "unfit to work category" do you mean the WRAG? because there's 2 groups and they're both unfit for work groups. WRAG means they realise you have a limited capability for workbut you need to attend any appointments with the aim of returning to working sometime in the furture.

Support Group means you're excused from ANY work focused appointments.

They can also re-assess you at anytime but 3 months isn't long between assessments. I'm guessing your're in the WRAG and they're expecting you to possibly be "fit for work" fairly soon. rolleyes

• Posted

It's says on the letter I meet the eligibility criteria for support group.i am not required to take part in any work related activity

Don't know much about all this

• Posted

Where will it say about the wrag thing?
    • Posted

If it says the Support Group then that's the group you're in. I have to admit i've not heard of anyone be assessed after just 3 months. Usually the minimum amount of time in the Support Group is 12 months before re-assessment. Please make sure you send all the evidence with the ESA50 form. Good luck.

• Posted

Says I will get the questionnaire every 3 months when I called them about this. I thought 3 months was so soon too
    • Posted

Unfortunately you have to fill it in and return it by the date stated on the letter and no later. If you don't return it, or it's recieved late then you'll be found fit for work and your ESA will stop. They don't give extensions for ESA50 forms. Hopefully if you're kept in the same group this time then you'll have longer between reviews.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.