I have been sick for almost a month! Anyone else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

The 14th of July, I found out I had strep. They gave me steroids & a zpack. Then I find out I have a sinus infection. They give me omnicif (spelling). I'm still not better. It is now going into my chest. I am having trouble breathing & my chest hurts added to the other crap. I am exhausted. & my body hurts Plus, my 5 & 2 year old boys are getting over strep. Has anyone been sick this long? Any treatment ideas? Anything! Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear this babe! Last year it took me almost 3 months to get over sinusitis. I have never had anything as debilitating in my whole life.

I promise you will get better eventually.

I was doing daily salt water nose rinses and flushes sometimes with Neil Med saches sometimes with Sea Water Sprays.

Get well soon!

• Posted

Press your doctor for a better antibiotics. Amoxicillin is the best and I’m surprised you weren’t given in. If it has been around this long it is certainly bacterial and amoxicillin or even augmentin will knock it out. I have chronic sinus inflammation so I can’t get rid of it, but amoxicillin has helped me knock out ear infections, strep, previous sinusitis, and chest infections. Good luck 
  • Posted

If you do ask for more effective antibiotics, just beware of being given Levaquin (levofloxacin) or Cipro (ciprofloxacin) or any other fluoroquinolone (FQ). The FDA ruled that FQs should not be used for sinus, lung or other simple infections, except as a last resort but many doctors are ignoring this advice.  The ruling was made because the long term side effects of an FQ can be much worse than the problem they were given to cure.

Check out the FQ antibiotic discussions on this site for more information.  Hope it clears up soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.