I have been sick for over a year with bad stomach pains and vomiting

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been sick for over a year a lot of pain on my lower stomach right and left side I feel bloated for hours after eating. Even eating a small amount of food I had many test done coming back with inflammation but then test coming back saying there is nothing wrong with me Doctors tell me it's ibs but I know it's not I went gluten free dairy free I tried everything and nothing helps me I also get constipation for long periods of time a lot of discomfort in my stomach and a lot of headaches and I'm throwing up almost on a daily basis it's very frustrating because my doctors are giving up on me and telling me to just live with it and stop wasting their time. But I need to be better I can't even work anymore or hang out with friends because I am to sick all the time

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

MATT DON'T GIVE UP GO TO ANOTHER DR.  my doctor was giving up on me until he did 2 more test.(i had trouble with diarrhea every day) i tried bland diet, gluten free same as you.  everything i ate did me in.  he gave me a CT scan with the arteries and a tube test that they give to babies.  the CT scan came back with celaic artery stenosis where the artery in my stomach is pushing up against my intestines and the other tested postive for CSID which mean i am missing 2 enzymes in my digestive system containing sugar.  i can't tolerate sugar.  this usually starts at birth but i have been having problems all my life just not this bad.  hope this helps

• Posted

Hi matthew1997

Sorry to read you are feeling so dreadful and your health provider is unable help you....i have read there is a correlation between our digestive system, stomach and bowels and vitamin D deficiency. Perhaps have your vitamin D levels tested..if it is low ask your doc for Vit D supplements...such as Accrete D3...hope this helps..my best wishes to you...

• Posted

My vitamin D is low I been taking vitamin D pills every day. I take 1000iu and i didn't notice any improvement on my stomach

• Posted

Hi matthewm1997

How long have you been taking the supplement...it may take a while to kick in especially if your Vit D was low for a long time...

• Posted

Hi matthew 1997

The recommended daily dose is 400IU 10mcg...perhaps your taking too much....

• Posted

Hi matthew1997

Give it a but longer than 2 months.....4-6 months....how long were you gluten free and dairy free for?

• Posted

Hi matthew

Wel the RDD is 400IU if your happy taking 1000IU well ok but it may be having an adverse effect taking a high dose...and i would suggest go bk on gluten free dairy free lacto free and give it about 6 months to see if things get better.....i don't know how long u were gluten free and dairy free before i have asked...and if you eat junk food cut it out of your diet....and no fizzy drinks spicey or fried foods...no citrus fruit.....we do have to help ourselves if the docs have done all the tests they can do..

• Posted

It may still be IBS.  Try a more general food diary since going dairy and gluten free has shown up nothing.  You may be intolerant to anorher type of food or you may not have any food triggers at all.  Have you had any stress recently?  This can trigger IBS.  I have IBS which was caused by stress but i have no food problems.  
    • Posted

I tried going gluten free and everything for 4 months and it didnt help at all and the doctors keep saying the same thing to me as well. Is it stress? And no I wasnt stressed at all until they kept telling me that for over a year. The only thing that makes me stressed is my doctors and how I am not getting better for over a year
    • Posted

My doctor asked me about stress which I had had for several months before my stomach problems started.  I hadn't even connected my stress levels to my pain because I am normally anxious anyway..  It was this chance remark that got me diagnosed with IBS when I had long given up hope.

See a different doctor to get help.  I went to several because no one could tell me what was wrong for three and a half months.  It caused me to develop terrible health anxiety.

• Posted

Hi, I watch what I eat, the things that trigger my attacks are alcohol which I stopped 5years ago, chocolate / fatty foods, and fizzy drinks. I also take 30ml lanzoprazol in morning, and last year I was giving kolantican which normally takes it away. Take care 😊

• Posted

Hi, I watch what I eat, the things that trigger my attacks are alcohol which I stopped 5years ago, chocolate / fatty foods, and fizzy drinks. I also take 30ml lanzoprazol in morning, and last year I was giving kolantican which normally takes it away. Take care 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.