I have been sufering from a headache scince june 2017, i dont knoww what to do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

This headache has been with me for almost a year know. There is some kind of pressure in my temples that starts when i wake up in the morning and never goes away. I also have neck pain(now my sholder also hurts), i feel tired almost everyday, pain in my forehead  and some times i cant sleep(1/month). I have visited several doctors and did a lot of tests(Blood texts, X-ray, no MRI here). They gave me OCT and sumatriptan but the drugs didnt give me any relief. Now am on physiotherapy for about two weeks but there is still no change. Any help would be great.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Tedyboy, how awful for you, I get cervogenic headaches from a worn disc in my neck. These start with neck pain and a burning pain in top of my neck. The pain travels from bottom of my skull to the left, over my head to my eye. My head to touch is sensitive, then triggers painful migraines. This was found by mri.

I also have separate hemiplegic migraines, which I am convinced is due to meds, anyway thats another story.

Push your doctor to refer you to the bone clinic cant remember the medical name for them. I was off work for nearly 3 months and had daily headaches for a couple of years. Now I keep it under control and very rarely get problems now. If they rule that out then push to see a neurologist. It wont hurt to ask for an MRI.

Good luck with this

• Posted

Hello paula, thank you very much for yor help and honest advise. Am really glad that you dont have the headaches now, that gives me high hopes too. The problem is there is only one mri here(Eritrea) and its now out of use. Hope it gets fixed soon. But the doctors said my neck is fine in the x-ray.  So did you have a surgery to fix it or?
    • Posted

Hi Yoni, sorry I got your name wrong in my reply.

I didnt need surgery because its due to wear and tear, I get regular massages, have a neck pillow and do stretching exercises which all helps. I normally get signs when it could start and immediately try to relax my shoulders and neck. Stress and tension aggravates it.

• Posted

I can relate most definitely.

I have had a daily headache for two years and I have had a few diagnostics from daily chronic migraines to allergic rhinitis. All tests are always clear.

I have like a dull throbbing pressure sensation above my eyes and temple pain. It gets worse as the day goes on. My vision also feels off constantly.

Found out it was TMJ pain causing it. Common with anxiety and teeth grinding at night, although I crack my jaw through the day as a stress habit (bad one, but sub consiously doing it). My bite point is actually off to the left now.

Awaiting help for the time being but so far amitriptyline has helped the most as a migraine preventative and muscle relaxant for the TMJ at night.

• Posted

Yoni

Sometimes if we have neck problems that will transmit up the spine and give headaches, I have PsA  and many of my Chronic Pains are referred related to past injuries and trapped nerves. A Physio will pick up on these problems. Some Physios perform Chiropracty sorry regards spelling that can release tensions in the neck and upper spine

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.