I have been suffering from 2 years, at present I have stopped my college and suffering in home,

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hii,

I'm suffering RLS from 2 years I have used many medications but no use

If can't sit for some time

So I want a surgery immediately because of my education

But I didn't know where should i approach for my surgery,

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I take SIFROL which gives me a good night's sleep.   I am unaware of surgery to fix RLS

• Posted

Hi harish

I too suffer from rls if you go to your go they should be able to prescribe medication there is a few that the neurologist recommend,ropinerol which I take ,codeine,prmipexal,I also take iron,folic acid and b12 supplements I find since taking these my symptoms are much better,I also find having a small glass of tonic water before bed helps and having lots of leafy green veg helps,I also exercise my legs when in the bath at night or going swimming regular also helps.

Good luck hope this is helpful to you

Sharon67835

• Posted

The bad news is there is no cure for RLS and it only gets worse with age. 

The good news is that there are many sufferers on forums like this who can help you find relief and cope. RLS-uk.org has lots of info and RLS book by Buchfuhrer,  Hening etc is worth reading. GPs generally don't have enough knowledge to help but may refer you to a good neurologist. Firstly ensure you have RLS (RLS-uk.org has a good definition). Secondly, are you taking any other medication - there is a list of drugs to avoid.

Thirdly, do you have a low blood Ferritin level - minimum of 70-100 is necessary for RLS sufferers. Magnesium levels may also be a factor. Look for triggers that make your symptoms worse, a diary may help identify them e.g. Spicy food, big meals, eating late, sweets, chocolate, alcohol, stress.....

Drugs which reduce symptoms are GABA, (e.g. Gabapentin) Dopamine agonists, (e.g. Ropinorole) and opioids (e.g. Tramadol). There are many sufferers who will help you on here and in, for example, Healthunlocked. Good luck, you will find relief!

• Posted

Try hot water, a really hot bowl of water to soak feet and a hot water bottle between feet in bed. Also iron supplements if your levels are low . 
  • Posted

I have had it for over ten years and I find it is when I rest.I have tried just about everything ncluding some unwritten meds Iam currently taking Oxycontin10mg and if that does not fix it in 1hr I take a second one and if it is getting unbearable I get a shot of Pethidine 100mm and its gone in les thantwo minutes.I know a lot of medicsl people are against Pethidine BUT they are not suffering. My gp came to my house and administered it and his words were quote "I would never believed how quick that worked unless I had seen it with my own eyes end quote"It is Your Right toask for it and unlessthere aremitigating issues as to why it cannot be administered its yours.Trevor

• Posted

2 most effective things for me, soaking in a hot bath and using a bean bag as follows:  I make my bean bags with flannel and the cover with fleece.  8 inches by 20 inches, fill with approximately 6 cups of winter red hard wheat berries (so when laying flat about 1 inch high).  Heat in microwave for 2-3 minutes, take out and move around to mix wheat berries, and heat another 2-3 minutes.  Lie in bed face down with rear end up (looking cute:-), and bag at back of knees, between both legs, touching thighs and calfs.  Instant relief.  The wheat berries will stay warm for up to 30 minutes. Adjust legs to what is comfortable over time. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.