I have been suffering from a lot of symptoms for weeks now, not going away I'm stressed.

Posted , 4 users are following.

My symptoms include of; abdominal pain and tightness, bloating, odd smelling stool, constipation then diarrhoea, small black dots in stool after wiping, back ache, warm sweet sensation in throat, hunger pangs, loss of appetite, hives like rash on right buttock, nosebleeds, weakness, fatigue, tired, more out of breath, headache, sudden earache, scratchy throat, nausea and muscle cramps. My veins also look more apparent than normal.I passed stool several days ago and when i wiped, i noticed white/cream worm like shapes on the toliet paper amongst the poop. I took a treatment for worms but I still have poor appetite, lower abdominal cramps and I keep passing this reddish/brownish discharge in my poop after wiping. I'm going on holiday next week and really want this sorting out this be been to the doctors and they said ibs and gastritis but I think it something else. They won't give me a stool sample or any other test as of yet.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sounds very like IBS or gastritis; listen to your doctor who is the expert. The white substance sounds like mucus which is common with IBS. Stress can trigger Irritable Bowel. To put your mind at rest, ask for a stool test and an ultrasound to start with; this will help to rule out other causes. It may also be worthwhile to ask for a celiac test. If your doctor refuses again, see a different doctor. I had plenty of negative tests and saw different doctors until I got an IBS diagnosis. Monitor your stress levels and try a food diary to see if these factors are triggering your symptoms. A scratchy throat may be acid reflux which is common with gastritis and IBS. Change of bowel habit is an IBS symptom.

• Posted

Thank you very much for your useful reply, yes you had made sense that it could be IBS and Gastritis, I already had a a celiac test and it came back negative, I am going yo put a stool sample in tomorrow. Can you just ask your G.P for an ultrasound or do they have to think you need one?

• Posted

You could just ask for an ultrasound if one is not offered.I was automatically given one without asking because no one knew what was wrong with me for three and a half months.

• Posted

You can buy a FIT test if you are worried. Do you have any bowel problems in your family?

Do you live in the UK?

• Posted

where would you get one of those from and how much? Well my grandfather had gallstones and my mother has always had overactive bowels which can cause bloating and stuff. Yes I do live in the UK.

• Posted

Well first of all ask your gp if you can have one, if they say no tell them you will go to a private gp then and ask them. It may make them think twice. If it doesn't, look for a private gp in your area, phone them up and ask about how much it would cost to see them and get a test. If you google FIT test there is a test for £49 which you poop on and send off but I don't know how accurate it is going to be. do you think that the black dots could be blood? Or could you have eaten something with poppy seeds or kiwi seeds and forgotten about it?

• Posted

Yes I will ask my GP and if they refuse I will in my best interest find a GP who will refer me to have one and today I am going to submit a stool sample to my GP practice, although can it determine any abdominal issues? I have been eating seeds in food but that was after the black specks, I really don't know if it is blood or not. My poop also smells abnormal and disgusting?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.