I have been suffering from stomach ulcer

Posted , 4 users are following.

I lost almost 20k's since I was diagnose from ulcers, the worse part is now I don't know what to eat anymore since i cannot doet as i am thin like this and i went to the hospital they instead of helping me they asking me how do i know if i have ulcer

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Did you have an endoscopy to confirm a stomach ulcer? Is that how you were diagnosed? If you did and an ulcer was found, then the hospital should have your doctor’s notes stating that you had an endoscopy and an ulcer showed up.  See your hospital again and take a copy of your notes with your diagnosis. Tell them you are very surprised that they didn’t have your notes to hand.

If you have an ulcer, you don’t need to diet.  All you need to do is avoid anything fatty, spicy or rich, eat little but often and don’t eat late at night.  PPIs are usually prescribed to heal ulcers and milk can also get rid of them.

• Posted

Thank you pippa but what is PPI's? Yes I did endoscope that was 2012 and they kept telling me that they were not that bad and all I needed to do was watch what I was eating now I change the hospital and I even gave them the name of the doctor who diagnosed them but they is still wants to do their own endoscope which it cannot happen as i told them my stomach is paining everyday now. Is there any other way of doing this without endoscope?

• Posted

You could ask for a barium meal examination which would show an ulcer.  You are asked to drink a barium solution which lights up the part of the stomach on an X ray they want to examine.  

A PPI is a proton pump inhibitor medication that blocks acid in the stomach.   In the meantime, try avoiding fatty, spicy and rich foods and drink lots of milk. Eat little but often and eat blandly. This may be enough to treat them since you were told they weren't too bad.  Since you were given this reassurance, I would accept this because the endoscopy would have proven this to be true.

• Posted

This sounds very helpful pippa will try all of the above thank you so much for your help God bless you guys
    • Posted

Hope it helps.

When I was looking at my post to you, I realised I had written gobbledigook and got my words twisted.  I meant to say ‘which lights up the part of the stomach they want to examine on an X Ray’.

• Posted

That sucks. I am up to 30 in last 6 weeks. Fortunately I had swollen up fr
  • Posted

That sucks I have lost 30.  Have you tried kefir it is a probiotic yogurt drink. Very mellow. Also I find prune juice ver calming on the gut. Small amounts. 
    • Posted

Thank you ross ket me buy kefir and prune juice today , do I get kefir milk from organic shops?
  • Posted

yes you can.  But also regular grocery chains carry it.   Here it is liberty brand.  at organic shops you can get the kefir root which you can turn any liquid into the drink.  Good luck bro!  
    • Posted

Thnx ross i did get a kefir today will start using it in the morning
  • Posted

Milk is the best for ulcers.

isabgol........ read online. 1 tsp soak in 1/4 cup water, let it turn into jelly, add roza syrup or cranberry juice. have it everyday no perticular timing but just everyday once!

• Posted

Thank you zubeda i will get it tommorow but can i get it over the counter or do i need prescription fr it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.