I have been suffering months. Have I got fibromyalgia?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had pains since February it started after I was ill and my mental state was all over. It only started with my chest hurting like constantly dull ache so I went to the doctors and had test done all all come back normal. Then I started getting really bad back pain, headaches, pins and needles and also my skin feel like it bruised when I press down. My doctor believes there nothing wrong with me and it’s due to stress. I feel hopeless can anyone help me with what to do or what to say? 

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Abbey,

First of all sorry to hear you're in pain and uncomfortable.

What I would suggest to start with, is to take notes of where you get your pain, what type of pain it is, how bad it is, when it happens, then you have a picture to take with you to show your doctor as evidence. Also note down the times you're sleeping or not as the case maybe, whether you're eating and drinking more or less, going to the loo more or less, anything you feel that's important jot down, even if you get blurry vision put it down, your body temp changes etc etc.

Do that for about a month, then go back and see your doctor or a different one, that's up to you, take your paperwork, (photocopy it) and try and get a referral to see a Rheumatologist at the hospital if you can, hopefully then things will get moving xx

• Posted

Did you ask the doctor if he would send you to a Rheumatologist to be further checked out just to be sure. They will due a thorough blood work up and should go over pressure points with you and ask you other questions. You could have the beginning stages. Is the pain that experienced in the chest area almost felt like you were maybe experiencing a heart attack, like pain under the breast bone and up the middle and pressure? Try to call your local hospital if you don’t know a good Rheumatologist and get a few names and see if you can get any reviews on the Internet. Just some suggestions. 
  • Posted

Hi Abbey,

I’m sorry for your pain!!! Have you gone to a Rhuemotologist?  You might want to have them check you out!  Also have your back checked out!

I hope it’s not Fibro and they can fix it and take your pain away.  Don’t just settle for a diagnosis of Fibro if you haven’t had your back looked at

Good Luck

Lori

• Posted

Hi Abbey

So sorry to hear about your pain!  Have you went to an orthopedic or a neurologist yet for your back?

Don’t settle for s Fibro diagnosis until you’ve gotten checked somemore. If you or your dr suspect Fibro!  Go to a Rhuemotologist and get a second opinion.  Don’t settle for Fibro And a long lifetime of pain. Where it could be fixed and pain relieved!

Good Luck

Lori

• Posted

Thank you everyone for replying it means a lot. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.