I have been suffering with an Anal fissure for near on a...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been suffering with an Anal fissure for near on a year now.I can understand where everyone is comming from on the pain threshold. After opening my bowels im in agaony for a good 12hrs after. Eventually decided its time to see my doctor. He put me on Lictocane cream and Liquid parrifin and wrote to the hospital.

Seen the consultant who then said try recotgesic cream. Tried it headaches are a nightmare and it still hasnt healed. Went back for next appointment last Friday 16th March. They have realised this is not gonna heal, so have been booked in for the operation on May 1st. Not looking forward to the op but consultant did say the pain does go very quickly.

I feel like going on a liquid only diet till then.

I will keep you updated on how the operation goes

[i:c783d8412d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:c783d8412d]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

[quote:b4df255b2d=\"D.\"]I have been suffering with an Anal fissure for near on a year now.I can understand where everyone is comming from on the pain threshold. After opening my bowels im in agaony for a good 12hrs after. Eventually decided its time to see my doctor. He put me on Lictocane cream and Liquid parrifin and wrote to the hospital.

Seen the consultant who then said try recotgesic cream. Tried it headaches are a nightmare and it still hasnt healed. Went back for next appointment last Friday 16th March. They have realised this is not gonna heal, so have been booked in for the operation on May 1st. Not looking forward to the op but consultant did say the pain does go very quickly.

I feel like going on a liquid only diet till then.

I will keep you updated on how the operation goes

[i:b4df255b2d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b4df255b2d][/quote:b4df255b2d]

Had the operation done yesterday 01-05-07. In pain at the moment but was expecting it. will see how it is in a week.

• Posted

It worked the operation was a success im so pleased.

My advice to everyone is if you can have the operation done. I know it won't work for everyone but the relief you feel the first time you goto the toilet is unbelievable smile

Debs

• Posted

Thanks Debs,

I'm seeing a colon-rectal surgeon for the same condition on 26 August 2007. So far, I've only had my one pile injected and had anoheal prescribed for the deep anal fissure.

Given your posting, I might now agree to surgery to heal the pain on passing stools. Not sure whether it is the very large pile or the anal fissure causing the pain at the moment.

I remember the days when going to the loo was a pain-free occassion and want to be back there as soon as possible.

Let me know how you get on with the healing process now that you have been brave enough to have the surgery.

Kind Regards,

Dee from London

• Posted

hi my boyfriend has recently had surgery for a fistula. but im really worried the doc has taken a massive piece of skin away about 5cm by 2 cm ( the nurse measured it) is this normal. the nurse is having to come 2 to 3 times a day as the packing keeps falling out when he goes to the loo.how long is this gonna last its been 10 days now and he doesnt seem to be feeling any better, he has never been ill in his life so hes not playing on it. thanks for any advice steph sad
  • Posted

i had a fissure for 2 years now, and am waiting 4 the operation and am so scared to be put to sleep am now even doing panick attacks can u help me am so mutch in pain and scard to dead of the operation u think it will cure it????????? :arrow: sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.