i have been suffering with severe dizziness for 9 mths feel as if my life is over

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am taking nortriplene which has been no help at all i feel suicidal ive lost my job because of it can any1 help ?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

yes  Alison we are all in the same boat as you in one for or another.  We are all sufferers and if we need support or advice we turn to each other.  You need some better support from your dr in some form or another.  Be a nuisance, nag him, until you reach a point where at least your symptoms are under control. 
  • Posted

Do go back to see him Alison asap.  Be forceful and tell him EXACTLY how you feel
    • Posted

Il try some1 got to listen cos this is driving me out of my mind x
  • Posted

Is there a female doctor in your GP practice?  I often feel more comfortable talking to another woman.
    • Posted

Yes there are three women maybe it would be better to see a woman thank you x
  • Posted

the thing is everybody deserves the best quality of life possible and drs have the power to achieve that.  They are not the only people, but you need the right meds and perhaps other support too
    • Posted

I was a carer for the elderly i loved my job but had to give it up cos im scared to drive and cant cope with the way im feeling ive never felt so ill x
  • Posted

Then you should try every which way you can to get back to this situation, caring for the elderly.  You loved your job, then you should get it back.  I know you can do it Alison
    • Posted

I wish i could feel so positive but i cant work as i am at the moment id do anything to get back to work im 47 feeling like 100 x
    • Posted

Of course you dont feel so positive at the moment and its understandable.  But if you can focus on something I think this will help you.  I hope you get the right meds and support soon Alison.

Good luck with everything and try to hang in there.

• Posted

I am going to see a healer today dont even know if i believe to be honest but il try anything to get better .
    • Posted

You are certainly not alone, I suffer dizziness as part of my migraines, my worst symptoms are the blackouts where I collapse with no warning, numbness and tingling and vomiting and dizziness. I spent a week in hospital the first time and collapsed 5 times but I am lucky I have a supportive company who allowe to work from home when recovering. I have not been allowed to drive since January and once these episodes are under control am looking at a year before I can drive again. I do feel depressed after each episode but then I fight back and tell myself I cannot let this beat me. I am taking 1200mg sodium valproate and these are easing the symptoms but collapsed last week which is why they have been doubled to this dose. Do not give up and call your doctors until you are happy with your treatment xx
  • Posted

Hi Alison.

i know exactly how you feel. In November I started to feel dizzy, like when I'm in a closed space that the room is moving. I used to cycle up to 100km a week and now when I get on the bike I feel I struggle through 5km. It has been ruling my life for the last 4 months and wasn't getting better. I went to the doctor who ran a bunch of blood tests which came back fine, I went to a clinic and ruled out other conditions and finally got the doc to send me to a neurologist who referred me for a Mri of my neck and head which also came back fine. It's terrible as along with the dizziness comes confusion and getting entrapped in your own mind wondering what is wrong. I didn't want to go out and just stayed at home, feeling like a hypercondriac because I look fine but feel terrible. As a last resort the neurologist also prescribe me nortryptiline. I don't know if this is helping. Had one last appointment with my GP from SA over Skype who went through all my symptoms and suggested it could be a magnesium deficiency. It's a long shot but between the nortryptiline and the magnesium tablets I seem to be feeling a bit better. Maybe this may help you. I also am drinking more water, no alcohol, limit my coffee and tea intake and try get as much exercise as possible. I am still nowhere close to being better but I can see a slight light at the end of the tunnel, especially after I felt so depressed I actually wanted to hurt myself. Hope you start feeling soon, and please remember you are not alone. Your post has done just that for me and I am very grateful for that! 

• Posted

Its awful i feel like i dont want to be here anymore ive tried everything having acupuncture at the moment ive seen 2 nuerologist which didnt help paid£250 to see the 1 as i couldnt wait for the nhs cos it was scaring me i thought i was alone till i joined this sight i know i feel a little better now i have been to see a healer i didnt believe about them but she was fabolous best 30 quid ive ever spent going back to her 2moro it eased the dizziness a bit dont think its ever going to leave me ever but thank you for getting in touch much appreciated its about time they found a cure for dizziness ive tried all the excercises they havent worked .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.