I have been taken Lexapro 20 mg for 12 weeks and would like to know when I will be better.

Posted , 5 users are following.

TAKEN lexapro for 12 weeks and although the anxiety is much improved as well as panic systems, I don't feel settled and my days sometimes feel sad.I am also taken klonopin .125mg in the am and .25mg for bed time until the lexapro levels are reached. Has anyone else expericensed this? I try to keep busy with mediation,yoga, volunteering,a little babysitting and therapy. I wonder if the klonopin is holding me back but my psycharist does not want me to change anything yet. Any positive views? Does the medication take longer to work?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pam, the good thing is you started seeing the benefits from the medication, Klonopin is not holding you back. My advice is to keep taking Lexapro and when you feel sometimes sad, think about your good future , always look on the bright side. As for me, If I had some unpleasant feeling, I can now tell my mind to shut up and replace it with positive things. Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you hanna,I try to see my good fortune when I am feeling sad and discouraged, but I am getting better compared to where I was a year ago.It's so hard at times.Thank you for your advice. Please stay in touch. God Bless.

• Posted

Hi Pam,

I've been on Lexapro for 20 months now and feel very simular. it has helped enormously with my panic and phobias but I don't feel right somehow.

I've stuck with it because the thought of going back into panic mode isn't something I want to do.

i am trying to use this time to learn how to control my anxiety and panic and get myself into a calmer state of mind. And trying to not dwell on the other things if possible.

I think getting the balance of meds right can take time too. I am on Valdoxan as well which helps a bit with anxiety.

I hope this helps.

G

• Posted

Thank You ginna for your reply. I Keep hoping that these issues will subside,but it is taking so long! Praying that soon we will feel like ourselves. Best of luck to you and God Bless.

• Posted

Hi Pam,

Its depending what do you mean when you say that.. some days I feel sad...

I do believe that these drugs do raise our mood to the better, they do relax our alarm system (for me not exactly unfortunatelly, maybe I did not gave them the right time to act but they did raise my energy to the better, aggree).

If you believe that they do miracles or change personalities, in my hample opinion not....what are you doing, all the other activities you have, do change your mentality to the better so keep going like this!!

One favor please...could you please keep us informed, when is your doctor intending to give you up the benzo (klonopin).

I hope, day by day to have a better mood and soon you cut the Klonopin ...All the bests!!

• Posted

Hi Arietta,THANK YOU for your reply and support.I believe the doctor intends to wean me off the klonopin Jan 4 at my next psych appointment,maybe earlier if ok. Please keep in touch with me. God Bless

• Posted

hi PAM

I Have been on your journey three times now .I am currently 67 yrs and in recovery, for over a hear that is medication free!

HOWEVER it took me several months to be completely well on lexapro and i stayed on it fot about four years. i weaned myself off very very slowly.

you are doing all the right things with meditation and yoga ,i still do these things too!

RECOVERY takes patience and persistance, but you will recover give it time.

• Posted

Hi Felis, Thank you very much for your wisdom,please stay intouch.

• Posted

Hi Pam! I hope you are doing well.

Have a pleasant day -:)

• Posted

Hi Hanna, Thank you for your wee wishes.I still feel a bit anxious in the morning and sometimes when I am doing something new.Do you have any magic advice for me? Thanks again and please stay intouch with me.God Bless you.

• Posted

HANNA,that was well wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.