I have been taking mirtazapine for 5 nights

Posted , 5 users are following.

Will it be ok to just  stop taking mirtazapine after taking it for 5 nights only

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi

why are you stopping them? 

Have you spoke to your GP?

as I know a few who has taking them 2 nights once stopped they had withdrawls 

kaz 

• Posted

I am feeling awful side affects from them I know I should give them more time but I am not happy to be on them to be honest 

joyce x

• Posted

I was the same when taking them for 16months my doc just kept upping the dose until I was on 45mg 

you should speak to your doc and tell him the way you feel tell him you want of them and mayb he will cross taper you with different antidepressants..

im of them close to 15wks and still having withdrawals 

for me they were worse ever meds ive been given , I know others who have fone great on them but they caused me more problems

but definitely speak to your doc before you just stop them as I know they get into your system fast 

good luck hope you get things sorted asap

kaz 

• Posted

Sorry you are still having problems Kaz.I am sure they are not a good thing to be on I will speak to my doc tomorrow

Good luck to you

​Joyce x

• Posted

Hi joyce

yes your best having a word with your GP  that's if she/he has a clue about mirt (I'm not on mainland) so mayb it's different but i think your GP started you on way to high dose as it's normally lowest dose 15mg then after a month they up it to 30mg them 45mg.. so mayb your feeling unwell as the is high?

most docs I've met don't believe about withdrawls (well none I've met and there has been a few)

you will most likely to told to stay on them for a while longer ( same happened to me )

if you don't feel right on them get of them as soon as you see your GP 

i never suffered anixety in my life until I was put on mirtazapine then getting of them has been hell

good lucknand let us know how you get on st docs 

kaz

• Posted

I'm not a doctor, but, I Think he should start you 15 mg then if is ok and works, maybe later higher. Why did you get it in a first place? I would stop but is depend on your symptoms. 5 days very short time. But again I'm not a doctor. Talk to your doctor and tell him you don't like the side effects of this drug. 

Is never worked for me and now having a terrible time to come off. 

Eva

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks Eva I am going to talk with my doc tomorrow 

how long have you been taking it 

Joyce x

• Posted

Joycenadine, to answer your question I would 'just stop' be quick, the longer you stay on mirt the harder it will be.  

In my humble opinion, I wouldn't expect your doctor to know much about Mirt or how best to administer it, after all he/she started you on too high a dose.  It's key to start any AD on a low dose & let your CNS get used to it gradually (15mg being the lowest usually).  

I would think you'll have very little kick back from stopping, and it will be short lived- a day or two,

Let us know how it goes for you if only for the sake of helping others that may follow you.

Wishing you well 💕

• Posted

hi Joyce, I would take half a tablet  for a couple of days then stop

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.