I have been taking Zopiclone, on prescription of course,...

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been taking Zopiclone, on prescription of course, for 9 years.I started taking it at the age of 16. Since then I have not been able to sleep without my Zopiclone. It gives me piece of mind knowing that every night I can switch off to sleep with this medicine.

[i:d4764ce1e2]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d4764ce1e2]

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,I would like to know where can I purchase them,could I get them in boots or any pharmancy?Please advise.thanks.

[i:17764d2458]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:17764d2458]

• Posted

my wife has been taking zopiclone fo 10 years and it has ruined our lives without us knowing the reasons for her behaviour. i recieved a warning letter only last week of the dangers oftaking zopiclone long term. she is now taking 4 tabs a night and still unable to sleep on top of those tabs her doctor prescribed diazipan pluss she is taking at least 10 syndol, she is now living away from home and i know its mainly to do with this medication she is taking. i need to know where can i take her to get help

[i:2659502dd8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:2659502dd8]

• Posted

i have only been on zopiclone for one month as sleep patterns disturbed by stress and also suffering anti depression. could not believe how well they work but notcied after taking them every night effects so not so good then started spacing them out everynight as worried about becoming dependant. i must say i find them very effective and like the drowsiness sleep feeling they give although side effects the next day are the mettalic taste in the mouths and tiredness. they have helped me but can see how they can become addictive long term and therefore cannot do the body any good on long term usesmilesmilesmile

[i:c4604e153d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:c4604e153d]

• Posted

Hi, I was prescribed zopiclone 2 years ago to counter-act the sleeplessness that I was getting with Depression. for the last year my Dr has been trying to get me off of Zopliclone saying that it wasn't good for me and I kept battling with her saying I still needed them. About 4 months ago I saw another Dr as mine was away and she reduced me to 3.75mg from 7.5 - I battled on with the half dosage very occaisionally doubling up. In May I had an operation on my nose and they advised me not to take any the night before my Op and so I didn't thinking that the noise of the hospital would keep me up anyway so it would be a waste. Apparently I slept well that night so it said on my notes. After my Op I couldn't breathe through my nose, didn't want to fall into a deep sleep and figured the aneasthetic would help me sleep anyway. I have taken one Zopiclone tablet since May 15th and didn't even sleep well with that so have just gone cold turkey and have never looked back. It surprisingly hasn't been a struggle at all and I find that I sleep better in the afternoons and even better at night. :lol:

[i:93fbdd4354]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:93fbdd4354]

• Posted

I was a paramedic for 20 years and then had a breakdown, tears, sobbing etc at work.That was in 1999 and that was the last time I worked. Contrary to what folk think it wasnt what I saw that did for me, it was emotional, having to cope whith 20years of stored up emotion.To cut to the quick I was finally prescribed zopiclone about 5years ago and am taking 15mg nightly along with 1200mg of lithium (priadel) and antidepressants in a morning.

I will never get rid of my condition but the zopiclone at least knocks me out for 2 to 3 hours and thats the amount of sleep that I wouldnt get without zopiclone.

I'm sorry if I've gone on a bit but I felt you needed to know why I take zopiclone.

I am suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

• Posted

I have a P.T.S.D too and i'm using zopiclone since 1994 over the years doctors prescriped  me every anxiety ,anti-deppressands  meds there is including lithium you mentioned above in end come to conclusion nothing helps me but zopiclone i'm taking 30mg every they some times more of  course i be come addicted i'm sure some people have terrible side affects but its not to case for me only things stoppin me doing something stupid is these tablets all i'm trying to say those people if you feel it does'nt agree with you stop immedietly but know this some of us having great benfits out of from this tablets end of the day responsibility lays with you.
  • Posted

zopiclone is highly addictive and should only EVER be taken for a maximum of 2 weeks. whoever prescribed these for you is in the wrong
  • Posted

I started taking zopliclone 6 months ago, after losing my job and my long-term relationship. I quickly became addicted to these pills (even though my GP recommended them as a 'non-addictive solution' to my sleeping problems). I started on 7.5mg per night, and sometimes I had to take two pills to get me through the night. I loved the 'switched off' feeling they gave me and, often, I really looked forward to that point in the evening when I could take them and feel that sense of shutting down after 20 minutes. After a month or so, my GP became concerned that I was still asking for them, but continued to prescribe them to me anyway (much to my relief). Eventually, after 3 or 4 months, he insisted on me trying to cut back. He changed the dosage to 3.25mg and prescribed a month's supply at a time. I found that I'd often take two pills anyway, then run out just a couple of weeks in to the prescription, and end up making an emergency appointment to get more. All the while, I noticed that my memory was dreadful, and that through the day I wasn't able to articulate myself very well. Sometimes I really struggled to string a sentence together. I felt dulled and depressed by the effects of the pills, but I just couldn't sleep without them. After a really bad job interview, I decided to try to come off them. I started cutting the pills in half then, after a couple of weeks, I started cutting them into quarters. It got to a point where I would only take a quarter of a 3.25mg pill every other night. My sleep was affected slightly for a week or so. I would wake up at 3.15am every morning like clockwork and not be able to get back to sleep. My head felt tight and sore and I felt quite scared and anxious through the night. However, my mind felt sharper through the day, so that encouraged me to keep going. These bad sleep symptoms really only lasted for 10 days at most, and not every night. That was 6 weeks ago, and I've been completely off zopiclone since. I can't begin to tell you how pleasureable it is to experience natural tiredness again, and good quality sleep. It's also lovely to be able to think straight through the day, and hold conversations with people without feeling like a zombie.
    • Posted

Yes I too have had to take zopiclone for past 3 years to to PTSS due to losing my mum very suddenly and unexpectingly, then losing a job I loved for 13 yrs and daughter leaving home whom I was best friends with all that lead me into a deap depression. I started on 3.75 x2 ended up on 2 and half 7.5mg off doctor off course now he has decided that I have been taking too many cut me down to weekly perscriptions and only giving me one a day not coping on this ended up in A&E tonight suffering with dizziness and panicky feelings they have told me to go back to doctor to discuss my zopiclone dont think it will do any good he accused me off being stonned on them on my last visit and very rude doesnt give me confidence in seeing him have been looking at ways I can buy them online as dont think my Dr will help me anyone know where is safe to buy them
  • Posted

Hi, I have been taking 15mg of Zopiclone a night for 12 years now, It all started with an accident at work when I cut through my thumb with a hacksaw( ouch) I had operations but to no avail! Then a very close family member died which destroyed me and then another died which then left me in a very bad place so I needed the Zopiclone at the time but as time went on i just carried on taking them because they controlled me! If I fall asleep at night with taking them I have the most horrendous nightmares but what i'm trying to say is there should be more emphasis on the GP's to make sure people don't take them longer than the advised couple of weeks/months.
  • Posted

ive been taking mirtazapine and zopoclone for 4 years now. in the last week th zopoclone has stopped working (15mg) and due to my condition of severe insomnia i cant sleep at all. i have something wrong with me that i got at my last job. i went into some data to deeply and i damaged my head. eversince then ive not been able to switch off to go to sleep. without a medication like zopoclone i might die. basically if you cant sleep at all you will die. My doctor says there is nothing they can do. iam sure there is, they just dont want to give it me. I am really desperate so i might buy some meds online if they wont give them to me. wish me luck.
    • Posted

Amen at least I am not the only one having problems getting zopiclone off doctor cut me down from 15mg to 7.5 not working get about 2 hrs rest but not relaxed sleep I have been looking at buying them online bit scared as you dont know what you are buying
    • Posted

Amen at least I am not the only one having problems getting zopiclone off doctor cut me down from 15mg to 7.5 not working get about 2 hrs rest but not relaxed sleep I have been looking at buying them online bit scared as you dont know what you are buying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.