I have been told recently that tablets are no longer con...

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been told recently that tablets are no longer controlling my type 2 being a hgv driver it would mean the loss of my licence and my employment if I use insulin by injection I have decided to try a more regimental diet and exercise plan to see if I can control it befor I accept insulin treatment I would like to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience

[i:6ef5a01a0e]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:6ef5a01a0e]

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

[quote:0e405ad81d=\"K.\"]I have been told recently that tablets are no longer controlling my type 2 being a hgv driver it would mean the loss of my licence and my employment if I use insulin by injection I have decided to try a more regimental diet and exercise plan to see if I can control it befor I accept insulin treatment I would like to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience

[i:0e405ad81d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0e405ad81d][/quote:0e405ad81d]

Hi,

I have a good friend who recently had his leg taken off due to diabetes, he is now on insulin and continues to drive a merc van all over Scotland i know its much more difficult in a truck but dont give up and i hope the exercise enables you to continue on the tabs...........

• Posted

I reply to the person who has trouble with his type 2 diabete.My own experiience showed me that: proteins such as meats, eggs, fish.and so on WILL NOT increse your sugar level.also fats such as vegetable oils, wlll not increase blood sugar level.other than that ,some kind of cereals rich of oil(wheat germ),some nuts aso rich in oil,will be gentle for our condition.Vegetables do not represent any threat ether.Besides that, half a fruit twice a day, and all that put togather with some moderate exercises. ,should be enough to avoid aggravation. And I wish you good luck, and thousands of long long drives..... l homme de montreal.
  • Posted

hi rather than going a long time without food that should help if your a lorry driver you probably dont eat regular meals try eating more regular like small meals and and snacks that shoul help..
  • Posted

[quote:aac9b58da0=\"K. \"]I have been told recently that tablets are no longer controlling my type 2 being a hgv driver it would mean the loss of my licence and my employment if I use insulin by injection I have decided to try a more regimental diet and exercise plan to see if I can control it befor I accept insulin treatment I would like to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience

[i:aac9b58da0]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:aac9b58da0][/quote:aac9b58da0]

i understand the need for you to keep your license, the tablets you take will only reduce your bg levels by a minimal amount. i would suggest you reduce your carbohydrate intake, use a bg meter to test what is happening. i managed to almost halve my HbA1c by drastically cutting down on all bread, rice pasta and potatoes. a word of warning tho, talk to your doctor first as you may need to lower your medication to avoid going hypo.

i will be honest with you, i am not a fan of NHS advice regarding the advice to diabetics, i deteriorated for 6 years until i started my own research.

• Posted

I have been a type 2 diabetic 5 months ago. So far, i don't have any problems with my BS. I always eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. I also eat a lot of animal protein since it doesn't increase glucose in the blood. And most importantly, i religiously follow my doctors advice especially when it comes to my medicines.
  • Posted

And before i forget, i also do exercise everyday and always make it a point to be active. smile
  • Posted

I sympathise with you. I was told the same before Christmas when my blood sugars were high. I went on the Lighter Life programme and have lost 2st in 7 weeks and my blood sugars are now between 4 and 5.
  • Posted

Hi, i was diagnosed with DM1 more than 10 years ago, now i have been injecting insulin 2 times a day,i feel like i am like a doctor, i do exercise everyday morning, it works for blood sugar cheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.