i have been useing this drug for a couple of months, im ...

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have been useing this drug for a couple of months, im only 22 and have ovarian cysts it causes me a lot of pain. The tablets do help but i can't drive and feel very drowsy, when i try to sleep i feel very aware of sounds around me.........is that normal? I sometimes hear things that are not there, im quite worried but i know if i didnt take them i wouldn't have a chance at sleeping at night. I also have had addiction problems in the past which i have worked hard to overcome and don't want to end up in the same place i was four years ago with alcohol. any help anyone can give me would be great thanks xx

[i:8844289d7a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:8844289d7a]

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

By take these drugs I have found that hearing is heightened but I also find that they keep me awake - give me a buzz. They are obviosuly addictive so be careful. I take them for pain from osteoarthritic hips and they definitely help but as soon as I have my operation,the tablets must go.

[i:4476dcb43d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4476dcb43d]

• Posted

Hi there , i just wondered if you managed to stop taking the co-codammol? i got given them ny the doctor for back pain after a kidney infection , i felt myself become addicted but hid it and pretended that is was ok , now i am only 30 and i have no energy , mood swings , not fit to do anything with my children , it's awfull , trust me if you are still on them get off , i stopped taking them on saturday and today is wednesday and i still feel terrible , hot and cold sweats , flu like , weak , upset stomach , doctor's that pescribe such medicine should do so with warning and not for just anything , my doctor just hands out medicine left right and centre , it's digusting. anyway , i hop eyou managed to get sorted. would like to hear from you. bjork x

[i:27f7dfecf8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:27f7dfecf8]

• Posted

Hi,

I'd like to know if anbody has any idea how long it can take for withdrawl to start.I have been taking 2 x 40 mg once a day ( morning) of DHC and ran out last saturday, within hours i started flu like symptons, aches, pains, sicky stomach and absolutely no sleep due to jiggy arms and legs which felt like they were to explode if there was no release, does this sound like withdrawl?

i got my script today and after being very sick all the symptoms stopped and i felt I had made a recovery either from the 'flu' or the withdrawal within hours.

i thought that taking such a small dose that it would take days for the syptoms to appear am I wrong?

I suffer from depression and take Sertraline but the DHC is for back pain( or thats what i like to believe) but without them the depression is far worst.

Please help.

• Posted

hi,

i was using dhc too for a couple of months, a lot at first for pain, then down to two 30mg at bed time. when i stopped the withdrawal was awful for about 3 weeks, but now i am totally fine. the night crawlers go away last oddly.

the only thing to do is go cold turkey but you will make it.

i too was amazed that on a low dose for a short time would lead to problems, but it did.i feel very sorry for folks who are on this stuff for long periods as a few nights in to it i would have started taking it again but knowing i would be back to square one stopped me. you will be fine soon i am sure.

take care,.x.x. :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.