I have been using fentanyl patches for severe chronic pa...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been using fentanyl patches for severe chronic pain for the last 4 years or so.It has been the most effective drug for my pain releif, but since the introduction of the D trans patch, the pain relieif is not so effective. Has anybody else experience this?

[i:94b71bad17]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:94b71bad17]

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been on Duragesic patches for a few years now, as you they had become less effective and the breakthrough pain was coming through 24 hours before I needed to change my patches. My Doctor switched my directions to change patches every 60 hours instead of the 72 hour time frame. It has really helped me, I hardly have break through pain anymore. Good Luck

[i:d766a2e66c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d766a2e66c]

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

What exactly is the D patch as i am on fentanyl(duragesic) but reently i get a script and the patch was really smaller and i belive it doesn't work as well as the one with the liquid in it. :?:?

[i:94f709cf10]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:94f709cf10]

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,

I had a problem with pain and itching with the new DTRANS. Ask your pharmacist to order TILOFYL - this is still fentanyl but by a different manufacturer and it is like the old gel filled patches before they changed to DTRANS. Goodluck, it worked for me! Julie:ok:

[i:fdcb38e801]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:fdcb38e801]

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Can anyone help? I can't get the patches to stay on. Anytime I sweat or even just get warm, move about a lot or stretch they come off at the corners and then gradually peel until they're hanging on by just a little tad of gummy stuff. Am I the only one with this problem? I've used patches for two and a half years now and never had this problem before.

[i:b7ed1409b0]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b7ed1409b0]

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I too have problems getting these patches to stay on, I am currently going through the menopause too and with all the hot flushes these patches can come off in just a few hours, doctor now says i will need to try harder to keep these patches on but I find it extremely difficult. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

[i:578e548fd4]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:578e548fd4]

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up