I have big yellowish sore spot on tonsil

Posted , 1 user is following.

So recently I got diagnosed with tonsillitis, I had a couple of white spots on my tonsil and severe sore throat

But today I looked at my tonsil and discovered right under my tongue on it, there is a large sore yellowish spot with red flecks and a red/brown border. It doesn’t look at all like the typical white tonsilitis spots.

I just started taking antibiotics, so I’m not sure if the infection is bacterial - no time for them to work yet. The pain is terrible. I had fever too but that subsided.

Any ideas what that strange spot may be? Could it be a herpes sore? Is it possible to have both bacterial tonsillitis and herpes on your tonsil? 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.