I have Blepharitis and I need something to help it!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I curently have really bad blepharitis ive had it for many years and before it wasnt as bad but now its just gotten extremely bad its effecting my day to day life, i get embarrssed walking around because my eyelids are contantly swollen red stingy and extremely dry skin which i put a hot compress on and get off all the skin which the hot conprees makes my eyes even more red and swollen, i went to the eye docotor they put me on doxycline and it worked at first i got kinda rid of it for a few months then it came back and im back on docucline and doesnt seem to be working, i go to the doctors so much and they just keep giving me doxycline and eyedrops to put in 4 times a day but i need and ountment that will help the dry skin cause its so bad but i have very very sensitive skin, ive been trying to use e45 but its making my eyes sting. please someone help and let me know what cause help my eyes

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had blepharitis a few years ago and had a bad attack earlier this year that is only just easing. i tried drops and hot compress which also made the redness worse and have a red scar from it above my eye

so i tried diy i now use cotton wool pads soaked in hot water and hold to my eye to loosen the crustiness when i wake up and gently massage the eyelid. I also wipe my eyebrows as they can have debris on. i then clean lashes top bottom eyelid and brows with Wet Wipes. Fingers crossed it appears to be working

• Posted

Try a 3 week course of Minocycline, it worked for me.

• Posted

The warm compresses irritated my eyes, I haven't done them for a year. I wipe my eyes off well daily with cool water,sometimes I clean the lash line with a wet qtip,but with me less is better,hardly ever get puffy eyes anymore,my lids aren't dry and my eyes aren't as read,I also don't use any soap on my eyes,just plain water,rarely baby shampoo on the rim then rinse well. Honestly the heat did not help me at all.

• Posted

Dear Morgan,

You could try Manuka honey from New Zealand. Expensive, but it has something in it more than the other Manuka honey for bacteria.

If you have sensitive skin you cannot use the Wet Ones wipes that kill Staph.

Hope this info will help you,

Lynda79

• Posted

did u dilute the honey or just put it straight on your eye?

• Posted

Dear Morgan,

I did not use the honey as I killed it with the Wet Ones, antibacterial hand wipes. You cannot use that if you have sensitive skin.

I did just get finished researching the honey and found the info about the extra antibacterial activity of the New Zealand honey. You can ask Dena on this site how she used the honey. I would imagine you would have to leave on for a while.

Research the Manuka honey online. New Zealand doesn't allow any imported honey into the country so as to not contaminate their honey. It may not be as safe to eat a lot of it as regular honey but great for the skin and bacterial problems.

Hope this info helps,

Lynda79

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.