I have blood after I poo and idk what it is

Posted , 6 users are following.

I know I need to see a doctor, but I wanted to have maybe a rough idea before I go since I’m 15 therefore need to tell my parents first which makes things very awekward. But basically only recently (2 or 3 days now) I have been bleeding after I poo. It’s not physically inside it but only afterwards or just on the end. It’s bright red like normal blood and I would say there’s a few drops of it as it makes the water red. It also hurts when I poo, and sometimes when I’m just sat on the toilet. I’ve had no other symptoms that I know of, but there was one night just before this happened when I only got 30mins of sleep and didn’t even feel tired (not sure if that holds any relevance) and the day it started I did have a mild pulsating pain in my mid/upper abdomen for the whole day, but then it stopped in the evening and hasn’t returned. I would be really thankful if someone could tell me their views.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

When I say mid/upper abdomen I mean that but only on the left side
    • Posted

Could be unrelated but only a doctor would be able to tell you after some tests, also definitely tell your parents and get it checked out..

Could simply be hemorrhoids which is easy to treat even though a little embarrassing, there are creams to start with. If it doesn't get better, they can do more investigating but sounds like it could be serious, so better to get it checked out.

• Posted

Hi, 

It sounds like a cut. Everybody gets them at different stages of life. Regardless, you should get it checked out. Why are you not telling your parents? If you cut your foot you would tell them. It’s a bum and we all have one! Please - Don’t be embarrassed at all. Doctors deal with these things every day too just like a cut foot. With bright red blood I don’t think it’s serious but you’re saying there is other pain, so get to a dr!! 

• Posted

Hi J, firstly don’t worry too much. Bright blood in your poo isn’t usually too serious. It can be a few things, most of which are easily treatable. It may be a small pile or hemorrhoid and this can be treated with some creams and just making sure that you are not trying to push too hard on the toilet. So take some laxatives like Miralax. I take at night so that in the morning it is easy to go. If there is pain then it might be a small tear. This may also clear on its own with the same treatment.  Give it a week and see how you feel. Most often these things go away on their own. If it continues then it will be best to speak to your parents and ask them to take you to a doctor. Most people have had this in their lives and they will be understanding I am sure! 

Good luck and keep us updated! 

• Posted

Please tell your parents asap. They gave birth to you & they care about your well being trust me. No need to be ashamed as they aren't going to try to look at your private parts or anything like that. It's very important that you get to see a doctor asap. You are obviously bleeding internally which can be extremely dangerous to your health seriously. Please get to a doc asap. It could be something minor or major. You don't know so don't play around with this. Get to a doc & it's ok to tell your parents...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.