I have cervicitis and bv?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Recently I was experiencing a lot discharge and a weird smell after sex. I went to check that out my gynecologist did some test and I have BV and Cervicitis. I wasn't surprised about the Bv but I never heard of Cervicitis?! She told me to check for chlamydia and gonnorhea and my test results came back negative I also tested for Trich and it was negative. I am super confused and don't know what could be the cause of this Cervicitis. I took medication for Bv so far no smell but still itching, I took Metronidazole and Azithromycin. I been depressed because I feel dirty and ashamed of all this. Anyone can help me with some advice or cures for this bv and for cervicitis?.. 😔

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been battling BV since I can remember, more so within the last 6 years. Are you having sex, with the same person, and unprotected?  Sorry, for getting so personal. But it could help or have something to do with it. With that said, I have been to the Gyno/Doctor/Urgent Care numerous times for a full panel. The Doctors would think I’m crazy. Only you know you’re body and how it works. And something was telling me it wasn’t right. So, me being the person I am wanted to of course know what’s going on with my body. But just as well, prove to those Doctors “I am not crazy”! What I found during my studies was astonishing. “It makes sense now”! Some Doctors, Gyno’s, OB’s,  practitioners, believe that men do not or can not contract BV. That is 100% “FALSE”! Men and Women alike get BV. It is harder for the Male verse Female to get it. And much harder to diagnose and treat men verse women. I went to see a Nurse Practitioner (Gyno) and explained my theory, with research to back it up of course. I saw this look on her face the whole time I’m telling her my “findings”. After I was done she agreed and said, she herself has had to treat many men for BV. Due to the female continuing to have symptoms and all negative results. The next step is to make sure you do all the right things. Wear cotton panties (not too tight), use gentle soap (she recommended Dove. Told me DITCH THE VAGISAL AND POWDERS), No Powders or Sprays, take probiotics (daily), drink lots of water, eat a healthy diet, urinate before & after intercourse, which I was already practicing all those things. The next step is treating the male. If you are doing everything right and it still happens. Don’t give up.....

Also, a hormone imbalance can play a part in contracting BV much easier. And there is various types of hormone imbalance. I hope this helps and hope things get better soon.

*NEVER  DOUCHE THINKING IT WILL HELP!

*Tea Tree Oil is great for fighting infection, BV, and Yeast. Don’t use the pure stuff and water it down on a cotton ball.

*Mela Gel (has tea tree and natural T36-C5...Melaleuca Oil)

*Baking Soda Baths

*PROBIOTICS are your best friend  (Florajen3 is great...but there are many others out there. Some not as potient)

*Drink Aloe water or Aloe juice

*Drink lots of plan water

*A cup of {warm }water with lemon right away when you wake up in the morning detoxes the body.

*No Powders (that was and still is hard for me)

*No perfumes or sprays

*Cotton panties and try and sleep  commando  smile

*Wash your panties in  fragrance free laundry soap

*If you use panty liners use in scented ones

*Stress plays a part...

*Excercise

I hope those are some helpful tips and something works for you!!! I’m sure I’ll think of more and get back to you.

• Posted

I been with my boyfriend for three years I noticed something was wrong because everything we would have sex the smell would come , especially when we didn't use a condom. I have been using your tips , thank you so much. I also have a question since I have cervicitis do you think bv could have been the cause of it I tested negative for chlamydia, gonnorhea, and trich and other stds. Someone had told me that if I have cervicitis that means my boyfriend has nongonococcal urethritis.

• Posted

Also, if you were on treatment for BV w/those antibiotics. You probably now have a yeast infection. My personal recommendation is to go by an over the counter yeast infection treatment, or call your healthcare professional. She will test you for yeast. Or you can ask, if she would just prescribe you Fluconazole 150mg Tablet. You take one and done! 

Any symptoms of yeast? Have you had a yeast infection before in order to know what is what? 

• Posted

A little bit of itching not really the smell has left. I've never had a yeast infection but I'm just concerned about the cause of my Cervicitis I took Azithromycin for it but I'm not sure how long it takes to cure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.