I have chest/rib cage/breast pain. It hurts to press on...

Posted , 24 users are following.

I have chest/rib cage/breast pain. It hurts to press on those areas. This has been going on for 8 weeks. Could I have Tietzes Syndrome? I am 53 and also suffer from fibromyalgia. Does anyone out there have these problems? I am a teacher of young children and this is affecting my work.

[i:1f289af777]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:1f289af777]

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Biliary dyskinesia - finally got a diagnosis after 3 1/2 years and many doctors.  Had to go into Philly (Jefferson) to find a dr. who had a clue.  This was after I needlessly had my gall bladder removed.  I have medication that helps and was told to eat small meals so that my liver is not overwhelmed with too much calories/fat at one time.  When I deviate, I have pain. If I behave it's manageable. Hope this helps!
    • Posted

Sue,

I'm sorry to hear that, but I know what it's like to finally get to the bottom of it. Thanks so much for sharing, and hope you continue to feel better.

Robin

• Posted

I have had this Tietzes syndrome for 2 yrs and I also have had symptoms of fibromyalgia. I usually wake up in pain, my lower ribs are so sore,tendor.  and I have been anxious it could  be something more serious. I feel bad I complain of pain all the time. I also see a pain management Dr.
  • Posted

I am going for tests asap
    • Posted

Hi,

I had a mammogram and it came back negative, but the report said with symptoms I should be evaluated further. My breasts are larger than normal, wonder if it's glandular? What are your symptoms?

I saw a female oncologist (breast clinic) and was surprised to hear her say that a lot of women have breast pain. Mine only hurt to touch so I consider myself lucky, and my 2 lil Maltese baby's just have to sit somewhere else, lol.

Take care!

• Posted

Hi,

I feel like we have something similar. I don't have fibromyalgia (or not that I know of) but it hurts when my lil dog, Boo, walks on it. That's when I 1st felt it, mostly my breasts. Have you had any relief, or received a diagnosis? I am supposed to have a MRI but I cannot lay on my stomach (bad back). Would like to know how your doing.

Robin

• Posted

Hi. I too am experiencing stabbing burning pins and needles that started early March. I was working as a cashier but had to quit. These stinging pains hit without warning. They started in my shoulder blade and then came around my right rib cage under my right breast. I've had 2 ER visits 2 EKGs a CT an MRI 2 chest X-rays bloodwork for inflammation markers and they've settled on diabetic thoracic neuropathy. I try to ignore it but can't. I'm also the primary caregiver for my 95 yr old mom. I'm going crazy. The only rest I get is lying down. It leaves me alone then.

• Posted

Hi Guest I have pain in my ribs a lot it is very painful ... I take Lyrica for the fibromyalgia I often wondered if that makes you hurt in the rib cage hugs to you hope you start getting relief have a great evening!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.