I have chronic anal fissures for about 6 months now. There is a sentinel pile formation.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I have had episodes of flare ups of anal fissure for about 6 months now. I usually ignored the pain and burning considering that it would go away in sometime but this lead to anal fissure becoming a chronic one with a sentinel pile formation. I had a bad flare up due to hard stool 2 weeks back and then went to my GP. She just asked me to do sitz baths and apply lidocaine ointment Smuth with a laxative. It didn't help at all. I was in pain and agony all the time. Now I am taking ayurvedic meds and feeling a little better. The pain during BM is minimal but then agony hits again after the BM. I am off work now for the second week just because the pain makes it difficult to sit. Can anyone suggest how to reduce the pain after BM

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry for what you going true. The pains you experience it's called spasm I had it for about 8 hours more or less. If you have chronic anal fissure your treatment should be different. Just to remind you have to go true it sometimes for doctors to consider other treatment. I had LIS opp. Feels ok. Obviously I would suggest you that any other treatment is ok until you don't have big bm.

• Posted

I also suffered from an anal fissure for almost 2 years and it had taken over my life because of how painful it was. After trying many recommendations and medicines I finally cured myself without relapses. What worked for me was the following: do meditation daily, replace the typical cardio routine for yin yoga, consume fiber supplements twice a day, use a toilet stool (squatty potty) so that the legs are above the hips to reduce the pressure in the anus when going to the bathroom, apply organic coconut oil in the area after taking a shower. If you are in a lot of pain you can take ibuprofen tablets and also avoid sitting for a long time. Another important aspect is to eat as healthy as possible, avoiding fast foods and use mostly organic products. Prayer certainly helps keep the faith, so ask God and the Archangel Raphael to help you heal as quickly as possible. Leave behind any resentment, hatred, feelings of guilt or shame and forgive the past, this will help increase the body's ability to heal. I hope you get well soon!

• Posted

Here are some suggestions I have for you to help you through:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

4. I would recommend getting a sphicteronomy surgery if htings dont get better. I waited it out, gave up, had the surgery, and was able to heal within about two weeks. I had a chronic fissure, so I knew where you are ocming from with v all the pain and discomfort.

Hope this helps!!!

Best,

Myles

• Posted

Has to b the worst pain . I had a fissure 10 years ago it was so painful I admited my self to emergency and was so scared I ran away afta they told me a sphincreroctomy is on the cards. For the last 10 years every time I have a hard stool I'd b in pain. 6months ago it got so bad that the only way to stop the pain was to sit in a hot bath and prey for 10hrs to anyone who would listen . Allah boudda or Jesus .

This is comming from sumone who thought he'd never say this... I went and saw a colletral sergon

For 3days of discomfort I am better now. But must drink water . Get the sergery. It helped me. I never drank a lot of water . It saved me from the pain . I had a good dr . Sory for the spelling error s

• Posted

Hi.. sorry for the late reply. I am mostly healed now with the ayurvedic meds. The pain during BM is avoidable and the pain after that is minimal. However, if I am sitting for too long it starts to sting. I have included raisins soaked overnight the first thing in the morning. I make sure that I eat oats, dates and lots of fruits with extreme intake if water every day. Hoping that whatever pain I am feeling now should go away in 2 weeks. I pray everyday that I should not be constipated. I am taking a laxative everyday before bed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.