I have Chronic Mild Inflammation of the Gut, what is this and what should I take?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I am 28 years old. I have GERD, Bile reflux, gastritis grade A and doudoudenitis as was confirmed by my endoscopy 10 years ago also with hiatal hernia. I just had colonoscopy almost 2 weeks ago. The result was normal, the biopsy just got out and the result was that I have Chronic Non Specific Ileitis (Negative for Granuloma and Dysplasia) and Chronic Inflammation, Mild (Negative for Granuloma and Dysplasia). Does this result means I have Irritable Bowel Disease? My doctor is just so concerned with the negative result of Granuloma and Dysplasia but did not discuss with me the two diagnosis regarding Ileitis and inflammation. I did not have time to discuss this as the result is on his laptop and I am trusting his judgment so I did not look at the result I just listened to him and when I got home that's the only time I got to read it. I just want to ask if what I have was IBD and how severe was this? He only gave me Esomeprazole, mucosta and domperidone that I think were for my reflux and gastritis only.  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ask for s follow up appointment and ask your doctor to explain your results to you.
  • Posted

I am trying low Fodmap diet given by dietician. You may benefit from a consultation to see if you can alter your diet to help your condition
  • Posted

go back to your doctor. there may be nothing you can do seeing as its non specific inflammation, but it may need a short course of steroids or something to get it under control.

you could try foods that are supposed to reduce inflammation like oily fish, but i dont know how effective these actually are

• Posted

thank you for your reply. smile However what does it mean by non specific inflammation?

• Posted

Inflammation with no obvious cause. For example it's not ibd but they don't know why it's inflamed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.