I have chronic pancreastis and prostate cancer. My PM doctor has me on Norco 10/325 3x a day.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I asked for Dilaudid 4mg 4 x a day. He told me only herion user asked for Dilaudid. He also thinks I don't really have prostate cancer. Even though I should him the paperwork were I'll start radiation treatment in 3 weeks(5x a week for 8 weeks). I told him I'm going to need a Er(extend release) meds and IR(imediated release) meds. He told me the pain will go away. Is that true??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i'd find another Dr.  a lot of Drs these days are afraid to prescribe pain medication because of all the abuse that is going on and if you ask for certain things then they assume you are a drug seeker.  it goes from one extreme to another.  but i know if i had a Dr that was telling me i didn't have something that i was obviously being treated for, i'd find someone else.. that's crap! 

• Posted

First off, that Dr sounds like a very Judgemental Dr and him saying that the pain would go away in a few days is pre-determining your pain, that he obviously has no idea how it feels. I would seek out another doctor and a second opinion. I would not have a Dr. that spoke to me that way and I would report him to the AMA! You have the right to be treated with dignity and respect from any and all Drs. I dont know much about Prostrate Cancer but I would seek, like I said, a second opinion and get you a different Dr.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.