i have chronic pancreatitis from last 3 years.. what should i do?

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi all.. i have been diagnosed with acute pacreatitis in 2013 and after one year it became chronic.. but now as i am following low fat diet.. resulting in feeling good.. the only loss is that i am loosing my weight.. but my doctors say no problem to that .. its good for health and your pacreas would have to put less effort ... it was not easy to have fat free diet but the only thing which is being focused on sth can heal this.. believe me that there is something called magic needs to cure your pacreatitis which is this..

1. Eat fat free or low fat diets..

2. follow chinese people's walk style .. they say that 10000 steps a day makes u healthy enough.. walking is the best exercise .. do walk whenever it is possible.. your food and enzymes should reach timely to lower intestine because pacreatic enzymens are supposed to be activated at lower intestine.. the more you walk it is good for you.. at walk 1-2 hour a day.. dont run..

3. use skimmed milk and not regular milk as it has less than .1 gm of fat

4. include veggies into your food ..

5. try to eat boiled food ..

6 cut you diet into 6 to 7 diets .. dont eat less but cut the diet in to more simpler diets . thats why because pancreas would not much load.

7. sleep on time.. avoid alcohol.. avoid late night food.. be focused on what you want to achieve in your life..

8. there is nothing bad about pancreatitis .. you just need to change your habits which is not easy i know.. but we guys are human being and believe me we can do this..

9. your life is too precious .. so be a friend to yourself and help yourself.. ask for help of freinds collegues and family members in cooking shopping travelling..

10. internet is awsome thing .. use it in therapeutical (healing your whooms) way .. it will work amazingly.

11. One thing i would suggest you all that this is mere thing which has happened to us.. but believe me there are lots of people who even dont survive to the young age.. many even dont have legs.. eyes.. 

we guys have this problem which is in our hand to resolve.. we can do it..

Please reply me back if this found useful.. and also suggest me anything comes in your mind.. love to all..

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello your advice has been useful and I am watching what I eat as i have been found to have a cyst in my liver and a fatty liver (I am also diabetic) and wish to reverse my diabetes and fatty liver with weight loss and exercise but realise I need to put in a lot of hard work and effort. What symptoms did you get? I have had an ultrasound scan and an MRI scan but am still getting a mild pain / discomfort under my right rib.
    • Posted

hi carina .. dont worry .. in fact enjoy everything in your life.. u just need to focus on your diets and whatever you purchase from supermarkets.. you should see what are the ingredients used in that products.. be specific in your diet.. take fat free diet and medicines prescribed regularly,, develop positive habits with great thoughts and and walk walk  and walk.. dont sit immediately after eating, but walk.. and most important is dont drink water after breakfast/lunch/ dinner, be hydrated .. for that u need to keep a bottle of pure water with you evertime. even at the night.. consult with homeopathy doctors also.. we can take homeopathy medicine along with allopathy.. there are no side effects.. i hope this reply will help.. anything else u want to know ..tell me.. 
    • Posted

dont think that you need to put lots of efforts now.. but simply starts with fat free or low fat diet .. and just walk .. walking is the best exercise.. dont do too much exercises and even dont run... simple walk will heal your disease .. make it habit and develop you walking time everyday .. where you work or what ever you do .. you need to take care of your health.. understand this thing that --- for the world you are just a person.. but for your family you are everything.. so take care of yourself.. enjoy
    • Posted

Still waiting nervously for my MRI results which should be due anytime now so feel i can't really move on until i have more information on my condition.  Hope you are doing well too under the circumstances.
    • Posted

hi carina.. feeling better now.. going for another check up and for advise from a very well know doctor this saturday.. i would ask for your problem also.. if anything else you have come across of symptoms .. tell me .. i will ask for that as well.. might be ...his advise can give u relief.. take care
  • Posted

Hi Kalip. This is amazing advice for newcomers to this disease and more than you'll get from tge medical professionals. Thank you
    • Posted

thnk you theresaa.. and i want to tell you that these ideas i have got after a long time.. but if sb could tell me all these things earlier .. i would have got cure completely till now.. but np as i know them now.. so shared this things with you all so that u may get cure fast.. 
  • Posted

Can i ask what symptoms you got with your pancreatitis please?  thanks
    • Posted

symptoms were quite similar as tristain is currently experiencing.. although it started getting worse as honestlyi didnt stop with junk food and night outs.. not taking rest properly and again i was doing night shift at my company.. so lots of reason behind making it chronic.. some more like outside food and stress also.. Pain always at upper abdomen and vomiting also.. sonography and ct scan said that pancreas seems bulky in size and enzymes quantity is more.. i used to get more and more hungry.. always feel like sth is not fine inside stomach.. sth like irritating inside or heaviness in stomach.. stimes constipation and so on..

one thing i would tell you that whenever i got hospitalised.. it was not always sudden.. but the pain used to get more severe day by day .. and then i have be hospitalised.. but now i take precaution like fasting or be on juices and very light food gives me releif again and getting back to normal..

many instances were there when i got upper abdominal pain which was really acute in nature.. i used to get recover only post hospitalisation..

After a long time i am feeling good as i am totally on low fat diet and skimmed milk is really good..  

• Posted

What tests did you have to confirm CP?
    • Posted

hi Greg.. Thanks for ur concern.. I have gone through.. Intially I had sonography.. Blood tests.. Where the size of pancreas was bulky and anzymes were too high.. Then endoscopy.. Where alcer was fpund .. And then mri and ct scan .. Where this was confirmed that there is permanent changes in the size of pancreas..

tnow I am totally on enzymes and low fat diet.. Along with with homeopathy medication too.. Hope you ae doing good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.