I have Chronic Pancreatitis I can not eat and hurt all the time help??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I Am in my 30's I have had this disease 5 years I have had surgery on my pancreas last year and need more this year. My problem is I hurt so badly when I am in a car that I throw up it is a three hour trip. I am in constant pain I live on boost. I can digest no meat, eggs, 2% or higher milk, cheese, most vegtables and many fruits. And I have some how gotten a weight problem. I am so malnurised my teeth are falling apart yet I am over weight?? Is any one in this much pain?? Also I can not take creoin it makes me sick I am so desperate I feel like giving up. The dr's tell me they can not help me. Any advice at all or some one else going through this please please respond I feel so very very alone. To make matters worse I also have ra.......

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It strikes me that you do need to overcome the issue with taking Creon. If you can get help with this it would eleviate a lot of your problems.
    • Posted

Ty for you advice I really have tried it makes my pain a lot worse. 
  • Posted

If you take it only with your food and stick to small meals then it shouldn't have such an effect.

Ask your GP if you can try an alternative enzyme supplement.

• Posted

Manda, have your doctors prescribed percocet for pain and zofran for nausea?
    • Posted

ty so much paul I will I am presantly house bound the pain is so bad
    • Posted

Manda, my meds are, Fentanyl 75mcg/hr x3days

Percocet 7.5/325 Nexium 40 mg, Prochlorperazine 10mg x8 hrs, Nortriptyline 50 mg 2capsules at night.

• Posted

When i go to the hospital i get between2-6 mg of dilaudid and 4 mg of zofran. Drs would prescribe zofran for home, but insurance wont cover.
  • Posted

Dont give up. When you get upset or nervous, it actually makes the pancreatitis worse... I Dont know why, it just does.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.