I have colon cancer?

Posted , 4 users are following.

everything started back in early 2016, my first symptoms were strong diarrhea, and lasted for 3 weeks. now i've been dealing with different symptoms which (almost) are not constant.

these symptoms are the following ones: most of the time daily bowel movements (1-4) (before 2016 i've never passed stool on a daily routine , not one 1 time a day), flat stools (as i mentioned not always, currently having it), narrow stools (currently have it, 3 days ago), nausea mostly after bowel movement (currently having it), black dots or streaks on the surface of my stool (partially having it), right lower abdominal pain (pushing, dull feeling, this has become constant but i do not always feel it, when i have narrow or flat stools i have kind of strange feeling in this area when passing stool too), bloating and passing a lot of gas (mostly in the morning), left-mid upper abdominal pain (had more painful, occured more back in 3-4 months ago). and now i also have a strange feeling that my rectum is not opened normally when passing a stool (as i mentioned i have narrow or flat stools), rarely i also feel sharp pain in my lower left-mid-right abdominal area, mostly after passing stool. very rarely i lose my appetite but it comes back, same with weight (maximum 5-7 pounds but always getting it back when im feeling better). i'm 20 years old, male. do i have colon cancer? or its more like some type of infection?? maybe IBS?? I don't think its an infection because those wouldn't last that long i guess?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You have a lot of varied symptoms.  All in part or in whole point to an issue with your GI tract.

Go get some blood and stool work done ASAP to start the process with the doctor.

• Posted

Hello have you made an appointment with your GP explaining that this is an emergency because this has been going on for a long time and all symptoms have gotten worse and the pain is sharp and unbearable. Can you do this and get back to us? It may or may not be cancer but you need to know what it is. Agree? Diane
  • Posted

I agree I would ask to see a good gastroenterologist but try not to freak colon cancer is rare for your age could be a lot of things maybe even your gallbladder the mid upper abdomen pain would be something to inquire about because your pancreas is located good to get it checked out usually nothing to worry about

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.