I have constant nausea & migraines! How do i deal with this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from nausea daily, be it a good or bad day. I've been told by a local doctor that it's probably because im stressing, but like i said, its whenever, however & wherever... Its extremely frustrating and effects my personal life and career. It's occured throughout the night; three nights in a row once and i went to a doctor (which i am reluctant to do usually) and i was told i had gastroentiritis. I dont believe it is because i hardly have oily or spicey foods. I honestly dont know what to do regarding this anymore as i come across to my colleagues and friends as sickly. Anyone... Please help!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi lve had nausea on and off for a couple of years, worse over last few month, daily from waking, odd occassions through the night also, l did get referral to gastroenterologist for scan scope, it showed a bit of inflammation, put on omprazole, which didnt help much, at its worst it was very debilitating, mine worse on movement, so very restricting also.

l dont think a  lot of people understand just how badly it affects you physically and mentally to have constant or frequent nausea, horrible. l tried different alternatives, went lactose free dairy, tried ginger to both chew and take with tea, gaviscon also,  started taking probiotic.Now only eat small plain  meal in evening, pots, veg, chicken or fish, rice or pasta, and l also never ate big meals, spicy or oily foods, and always felt full easily, now even smaller meal, mostly veg, My symptoms have settled last few week, not gone completely nor have normal appetite back, but worst of nausea gone, though this has happened before and returned, but now will not go back to normal big meals no matter how l feel, l think being stressed does aggrevate, but my symptoms could be bad when not stressed and ok when l was stressed, no dont think it causes it, but a common response from some gps. If it doesnt improve you,d be best seeing a gastroenterologist and having a scope, to confirm if it is gastroenteritus. theres a lot of info advice on gastritus thread, Hope you improve soon.  

• Posted

Try getting an IgG food sensitivity test done on your blood. You will probable ve amazed at the simple foods that are upsetting you. Seems to be much more accurate that the skin prick method. Best of luck!
    • Posted

hi thanks for advice, never heard of it, nor other tests posters mention, why cant gps suggest these things to start off with, simpler and cheaper than the thousands it must cost for different scans and scopes, and judging by mbs many no wiser after having them. l do feel a natural aversion to many foods, whether thats my body knowing or phycalogical

l dont know, but l do follow my bodies instincts and dont want milk, eggs, cheese, use lactose free, but can eat chocolate which is high dairly, this morning had a touch of cystitus, so took anti b and the nausea starts.

l started with allergies, envoiramental mainly, 3oyrs ago, and told by gps that its like opening a window to increasing allergens affecting with time.

l guess some of us have immune systems that are highly sensative to many things.  If l,d been rich l would have checked into a clinic and had all tests done at start, going months and years with problems and endless medical procesure,s is a drag. Will definetly ask gps about the type of testing you suggest. Thanks. 

• Posted

u could have a hiatal hernia whcih can be brought upon or worsened by stress- its just the excess acid making the  nausea- i have same thing along iwth dizziness and headaches sometimes

• Posted

You poor thing

If you have problems with acid, say. See if your doctor will prescribe LANSOPRAZOLE.

Its likely the nausea as something to do with your Migraines. Does eating anything set of your Migraine, say like, Chocolate ???

Anyhow, if you are not happy with what you are being told, you must get a second apinion. Headaches, especially migraines, are got to be one of the worse pains you can have, I feel for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Best regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.