I Have Constipation With Unintended Weight Loss and a Big Appetite.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am constipated for many the last 2 years and I steadily lose weight. My colleagues insist that I eat more than anybody else but I keep losing weight and some find it alarming. Some overweight friends tell me that if they ate the same food like I do they would not fit the door.

I also find that my hunger is impossible to beat. I can eat the typical 3 big meals a day with many snacks in between which are not really low in calories.

I don't consume alcohol and I don't smoke and I don't drink sugary drinks. (just not my thing)

I noticed that whenever I go to the toilet I have greasy bowels one day and the next time the stool is hard as a rock. The next time it can be greasy and soft again and then hard again. Sometimes it's greasy at the beginning and then hard rock on its tail. I don't remember when I passed a normal stool the last time.

With my meals I eat really big salads with no dressing. I consume plenty of water. I bought this psyllium husk (some people swear by it) and after a week I felt more constipated. At that time I drank water like crazy but it didn't help. I increased the psyllium dose and still no effect.

Today I got complimented my some colleagues that I lost noticeable weight and I just said thank you to avoid any further discussion. I know I eat a lot more than the average person but constipation and weight loss are my symptoms.

I am kind of worried.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.