I have coped.anxiety and panic attacks. Has anybody got anything positive to say about this drug.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Had 1st pill last night. Now feeling frightened to take it. After all negative comments on this sight

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No I haven't I know a lot of others as well who got anything positive to say about it pat. Are u on f/book pat?

• Posted

Hi Pat,

The good news is when it works it works! Worked for my insomnia for a bit. Then it stopped. But we are all different. Give it a fair shake and see what is right for you.

• Posted

Hi 

it’s ok but it is notorious for weight gain, not everyone but most on here have had this problem. Certainly for me it has an impact especially on higher doses. The lower dose is better for sleep than higher. Sounds counterintuitive but been there on higher and better sleep on lower. It is hard to come off but I think with me that’s a bit psychosomatic.

hope this helps

• Posted

I've been on 15 mg for 4 months Philip not once has it helped me sleep. I'm still wide awake 3 or 4 hours after taking it also I've got no appetite at all.

• Posted

I came off venlafaxine and started these. So far I'm sleeping well, no anxiety and have almost lost my venlafaxine weight. I'm on 30mg and feel ok considering I've been told I'm treatment resistant

• Posted

Thanks all. I have no trouble sleeping. Having emphysema anxiety and Panicky attacks make breathing worse. So it becomes a vicious circle. And I have no appetite and lost over a stone in weight. My next question is if I am ok on these can I stay on these indefinitely?
    • Posted

Hi Pat - try not to worry about what has affected others. Give the med a chance and see what happens. If it's bad, you can wean off them and there are multiple other meds as alternatives. I have been on mirt @ 45mgs for ten years and they have helped me no end. Try not to worry - just go with the flow. Bset of luck.

• Posted

Pat,I had been on mirtazapine 45mg for nearly six years for depression,with anxiety,so bad that I couldn't eat or sleep,was so ill that I would have tried anything offered,tried lots meds,with no success,then put on 15mg mirtazapine and worked up to 45mg within 8 days by psychiatrist.My sleep came back very quickly,but it took many months before I felt really well and "myself" again,have felt 100% well mentally for around five and half years now,and in all honesty,would have been prepared to stay on them for life (despite excess two plus stones I put on) if it had not been for the awful nightmares,and vivid bizarre dreams that started around 18 months ago!

been told by GP that this can happen the longer you are on them,for some people.I am now in the long drawn out process of coming off mirtazapine,down to 15mg from 45mg since May,wasn't warned of horrendous withdrawels,but I am getting there.This drug has also helped me greatly with nerve pain from a spinal condition,and is getting much worse since weaning down,but one of the other antidepressants that helps with nerve pain,that I can tolerate,I canot start until I have been two weeks free of mirtazapine.So wish this drug didn't cause the nightmares,as it certainly worked well for me.hope it works well for you too,if you decide to go with it.

• Posted

Thankyou so much. I will give a go. As I haven't got life at the moment. I am retired so it doesn't matter if I can't get up

• Posted

I suffer from sleep anxiety I have been fine taking 15mg Mirt for past 8 months. Then had a hurrendous week with anxiety and sleep. I took 30 mg for the first time last night and it tired me out but as soon as I went to be I was wired. Think I'm going to stick with 15mg tonight. Off to see the mental health team Monday. Anyone got any great tips for sleep that might help me. Out of 5 nights I've only slept 2 and that is because I took 7.5 Zopiclone tues and weds. Took half one last night and nothing!!!!

Feel for you Pat soooo much!!!!

• Posted

Hi Richard. Doc. Wanted me to go on 30mg last year when my hubby died. He said 30 was less likely to dope me up because I was adamant I was not going to take anything that would affect my brain. As I had too much admin. to get through. He said the 15mg was the one for sleep if it works for you. I ended up not taking anything and got scared to go back for 12 months.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that Pat, my issues pale into insignificance compared to you losing your husband.  15mg worked a treat when I first started. All my anxiety is around sleep I get obsessed.  I'm not going up to 30 think I will stick at 15 and try to deal with the current anxiety rather than mask it!!! Here is you need to talk.xx

• Posted

If you feel ok using it then there shouldnt be a problem.  Its only those of us who had bad side effects that have not had success.  

As others state, its good for some but its a really bad one to discontinue, can take months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.