i have crps in both of my hands "help"

Posted , 4 users are following.

a week after my first surgery i started with the firery pain in my right thumb and then it spread to my wrist and pointing finger. My doc. said it was normal pain. i had my left wrist done 2 weeks after my right. i went back to work 2 weeks after my left hand surgery. I started physical therapy right away but the more i did the more it hurt. A month goes by and my left thumb and wrist started hurting bad. For a long story short im 7 months after it started and hurting like hell. i'm on meds that take the edge off and 2 pain doc. later there talking about a dorsel column stimulater in my neck. has anyone gone through with this in there neck and how well does it work. thanks all.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had two surgery on my hand and wrist when mine started Dr left me like that for 6 months in extreme pain told me I was lieing I have two blocks done one in my neck which helped for a week and everything came back then I had another block done that they drained my blood out my arm put the meds in and let them my blood flow got up screaming I nso much pain it wasn't supposts to happen now I'm wanting to do a trail run on the SCS heard great things about that I would b careful with the blocks it can make it worse I'm on meds also I finally got to go to a Dr that believed me since my other Dr left me so he wouldn't get into trouble but I would b careful with doing certain blocks it really can make it worse 
  • Posted

Hi-there bjohnson763 I got caught in some dill stem on a drilling rig in oct -22-13 in Kansas USA I broke my hip I can't move my leg at all my ribcage burn's so bad at time's it's like a hot fire,from my tit down to my hip, my hole pelvis hart's all the dang time, my foot burn's like so bad at time's,then cold like a ice pack is laying on it, from my hip to my toe's hurt's so bad,but I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that can't swallow when they sit in bed watching tv
  • Posted

i have already had the blocks, caused alot of pain then i had the lidacane infusions almost killed me. found out my body rejects most narcotics. the dcs is my last resort and if it dont work dont know what will happen.
  • Posted

I hope the best for u nothing is worked for me yet and I'm still hopeing I have no one over here that knows about this to much so I know what they been thur a lady I talk to from the UK told me sue takes vitamin c 500 mg says it helps her with flare ups and the burning I didn't have a lot of burning at first but jot it feels like some has poured gas on me and put it on fire the swelling gets so bad it will turn purple and feels like its so tight it will bust open so I'm holding to find something that works me I want to b normal again if I knew this I sure wouldn't have done both surgery's I hope the best for u u have to go with ur gut when ur doing stuff like that do what u think it right 
  • Posted

Hiya bjohnson763 I'm feeling for you my friend where yours spread east to west mine moved south to north fingertips to shoulder.  Anyway not sure if what you may be having done is the same but 2 years ago I had a SCS fitted in my neck and the battery fitted in the soft tissue in my back......as for results just remember we're all different what works for 1 person may not for someone else.  Because of the location of the stimulator mine moved remember we move our neck so much I did have 2 weeks relief...ish but 8 months later the stim needed to be moved back and sadly 8 months down the line to today it doesn't work as it's migrated again so now it's switched off and my wife says she will weigh me in rather than bury when that time comes so I'm a morphine taker now 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.