i have crps/rsd and im pregnant help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone been pregnant and had crps bc i do and i been trying for over a year to have a baby and im finally pregnant but everyone says its bad but i stop all the meds so i dont hurt my baby but its like there wanting me to give up my baby so im wornder who has had crps and had a kid and got thir with all the pain

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kayla,

Congratulations on your great news.

I. Don't know if you use Facebook but there are a few support groups for people with CRPS , if you don't get a reply here might be worth giving them a try.

I'm sure many will have fell pregnant at some stage, you never know the changes your body will go through might have positive effect on your other symptoms.

Good luck and you get get some replys that help.

• Posted

No i dont have facebook im starting to think i may need one lol i hope someone does apply bc my dr makes me out like im so aweful but she has no idea about what crps and i stop all the meds the pain is pretty bad but i know i have to for my baby so im hopeing if someone who has been prego kept confotable for 9 months to make it thur this then go back to my normal life but everynody os against me on this one says i need to give it up if my parents was alive they would probley smack me if i ever thought about that ill deal with it for 9 months to have my baby
    • Posted

DEAR KAYLA,(I'M NOT SHOUTING,JUST HAVE SWOLLEN HANDS,EXTREMELY RED AND PAINFUL,SORRY CAPS ON!!) I HAVE HAD 4 EXTREMLY HEALTHY BABIES ON MORPHINE,BENZODIAZAPINES ETC.I THINK YOU ARE GETTING VRY STRESSED ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK! DON'T,IT IS YOUR BODY,YOUR PAIN,YOUR BABY.NO ONE COULD BLAME YOU FOR NEEDING PAINRELIEF FOR MOST PAINFUL CONDITION IN THE ENTIRE WORLD,ON THE MCGILL SCALE,LOOK HOW MUCH CRPS SCORES!! COMPARED TO UNPLANNED CHILDBIRTH!! I HAVE FB ACCOUNT,JOINED A SUPPORT GROUP CRPS/RSD FIGHTERS!! THEY ARE SOOOO LOVING,ALL YOUR QUESTIONS WOULD BE ANSWERED STRAIGHT AWAY! THEY DONT BEAT AROUND THE BUSH AND ADMINS TAKING DAYS TO ANSWER,ITS SECONDS OR MINS!! OPEN UP A FB ACCOUNT MY LOVE.YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THIS DISEASE,THE MORE PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ADVISE THE BETTER!! DO NOT LEAVE IT AND STAY WORRYING WHEN 337 PEEPS COULD HELP YOU!! HERE IS PAIN SCALE,HOPE THIS HELPS.I WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT YOU MY LOVE ON THIS SITE.PLEASE DONT STRESS,WHAT WILL BE WILL BE,AND COMING OUT OF 1ST TRIMESTER IS EVEN BETTER,LESS WORRY!! ALL THE BEST,SPEAK SOON,BFN,LOVE SLEBBY33,XXXXXX
  • Posted

HI KAYLA2211,CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 1ST PREGNANCY! IT IS GREAT YOU HAVE MANAGED TO STOP ALL YOUR MEDS! I DID NOT,BUT CUT DOWN TO BARE MINIMUM! MY BABY A BEAUTIFUL BOY WAS BORN ON DUE DATE,A HEALTHY,WITH NO WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS WHATSOEVER,SCORING A NILL ON "WITHDRAWAL CHECKLIST! HE WAS 8LB121/2OZ! YES I WAS IN PAIN A LOT AT END OF PREGNANCY,I DEVELOPED SYNPHISIS PUBIS,(PUBIC BONE RUBS TOGETHER DUE TO LIGAMENTS BEING TOOOOO LOOSE!) I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU GET PLENTY OF REST AS STRESS WILL BE YOUR ENEMY WITH CRPS! AS I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE YOUR CRPS HAS AFFECTED YOU,AND YOUR AGE,IT IS A BIT HARDER TO ADVISE.BUT THE MORE YOU WORRY,THE WORSE YOU MAY BECOME......STRESS!!THEĀ  YOUNGER YOU ARE,TE BETTER YOUR CHANCES,AS WE ALL HEAL BETTER THE YOUNGER WE ARE! IF YOU HAVE TO HAVE A BLOOD TEST,PLEASE ASK THEM TO USE A PEDIATRIC SIZE NEEDLE AS EVERY INJECTION IS ANOTHER "INJURY!" MAYBE YOU COULD GET A MEDIC ALERT BRACELET,SO YOUR DR,S CAN SEE YOU HAVE THIS AWFUL DISEASE. I WOULD ADVISE AS YOUR BODY CHANGES TO USE A WHEELCHAIR AT END OF PREGNANCY,AND IF FEET/LEGS SWOLLEN,PUTTING THEM UP WHILST SITTING WILL NOT HELP MUCH BUT LAYING DOWN WITH THEM RAISED ABOVE YOUR HEART WILL! I KNOW AS I HAVE PROVED THIS NUMEROUS TIMES! OBVIOUSLY GIVING BIRTH WILL BE AN "INJURY HUN,BUT TRY MAYBE A WATER BIRTH SO YOUR MUSCLES ARE WARM AND RELAXED.TRY TO AVOID AN EPISIOTOMY,BUT IF NEEDED,OR YOU TEAR,OR EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO OPTION THAN TO HAVE A C SECTION,VITAMIN C WILL HELP AVOID A SPREAD.THIS IS A WELL KNOWN FACT WITH PREVENTATIVE TREATMENT,500MG DAILY NORMALLY,BUT AFTER A MAJOR SURGERY,1500MG! PLEEEEEASE JUST ENJOY YOUR PREGNANCY,AND WATCHING YOUR BUMP GROW.CRPS DOES NOT STOP YOU FROM BEING A GREAT MOTHER! IF YOU NEED ANYMORE ADVISE MY LOVE,PLEASE CONTACT ME BACK ON HERE.I AM QUITE POORLY AT MOMENT,BUT WILL KEEP CHECKING MY EMAILS.I AM EXTREMELY EXPERIENCED ON CRPS AND RUN A SUPPORT GROUP,SO BEING AN ADMINISTRATOR HAS MADE ME HAVE TO LEARN A LOT MORE THAN MOST.I AM PREPARED TO HELP YOU AT EVERY TRIMESTOR OF YOUR PREGNANCY MY LOVE.WE CANĀ  DO THIS TOGETHER IF YOU WOULD LIKE.AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS,AND REMEMBER,NO WORRYING.......STRESS WILL BE YOUR WORSE ENEMY!!! TAKE CARE SWEETIE,LOVE SLEBBY33
    • Posted

This is my second baby I didn't have crps with my frost I started back taken a low dose BC I was hurting so bad it would make me sick I'm just wanting a healthy baby like my 1st one if not then I feel sure my hubby family will blame me so I wanted to see if anyone has been prego while taken the meds and had a healthy baby and a good pregnancy my first pregnancy was so great until the end when u get big and u can't move lol so I have worried a lot so far and some ppl are tellinge not to have the baby BC of it but we have been trying for over a year to get prego and we finally do so I Dont want to give it up I'm 26 and I'm in my 1st trimester for another week or two
  • Posted

Hello Kayla

My name is Michelle

Me and my husband are expecting our 3 child together. I have had Red for a little over 2 years now and the pain has gotten so much more worse with baby number 3 on the way.I'm leaving the hospital being discharged because there is nothing else they can do but prescibe me nerve pain medicine that is safe for the baby or so they came to be. I have developed rsd due to trauma to right arm on Jan 10 2013

But late diagnosis in April 2014 because the State of OK is poorly educated on the disease.I have been dealing with the over wide spread because it is passed irresponsible

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.