I have depression and anxiety! Need some support!

Posted , 4 users are following.

on 60 mil of cymbalta! Been on for three weeks with little success! Can anyone comment on their experiences?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wilb, it should have started to kick in now. I have just started 60mg Duloxetine yesterday, last year was on the brand name Cymbalta for a year and it really helped. Which are you on? I am going back to gp tomorrow for 30mg as feel really sleepy on this dose, I'll work my way up on them. Also going to ask for the brand Cymbalta. What do you take it for? I take it for fibromyalgia and depression. It is a really good drug.

Michelle

• Posted

Hi Michelle!

thanks for your comments! I am taking 60 mil of cymbalta! Started at 30 for a week and the GP uped dosage to 60! I think it maybe working some but not quite fast enough! ! I had been on Lexapro 10 mil for 10yrs and boy it did the job! However my doc thought that it probably had pooped out so we tried different meds! Prozac was terrible! Sincerely hope cymbalta is a success!

• Posted

Stick with it Wilb, if things don't improve go back to gp. I've only been back on it two days and my energy levels have risen, not my mood yet, will take a few weeks for that. Feel sickly and anxious so like I said will ask to reduce to thirties. Hope you are feeling the benefits soon, and that goes for everyone on here as well ??

• Posted

I take Duloxetine the generic for cymbalta! I take it for depression and anxiety! I was on 30 for 10 days and then GP increased it to 60, which I have been on for 2 1/2 weeks!
  • Posted

Hi wilb

I am now into week 7. I started on 20mg per day for 4 weeks to get it into my system slower! I am now taking 30mg per day taken in the morning. I am starting yo feel the benefits now!! As Michelle said it should be starting to work, but everyone's different I suppose. I found I couldn't tolerate 60 mg.

I have ME/CFC depression/anxiety and find it's starting to do the job.

Garry

• Posted

Hello. I was wondering why you couldn't take 60mg? I mean what symptoms? Did you or have you experienced wt gain or high blood pressure? Changes in any bloodwork? Reason is my Dad has gained ton of wt an eats all time .His red blood cells are high to.

• Posted

Hi Wilb

Made me very sleepy with nausea and agitation!! If find 30 mg per day the right dose for me. It was my rheumatologist who said start with 30 mg per day then up to 60 mg if you can tolerate it. But everyone's different as I said. Tbh I haven't had any real side effects so far that have been troublesome.

Garry smile

• Posted

How many weeks did it take you to start feeling better.
    • Posted

Hi Wilb

I'm now in week 7. I would say around week 5/6 started to more like myself so far so good. With the depression I was getting overwhelming feeling of emotion kind of teary without the tears along with many other symptoms! I have been on and off anti depressants for years, but with Cymbalta I have had the least side effects. So stick with it Wilb. How long have you been taking it? Starting on 20 mg per day building up to 30 mg per day. I don't really want to go upto 60 mg per day.

Garry??

• Posted

I am n 60 mil a day starting week4! Hoping the puzzle pieces start to fit! Enjoy sharing our comments! 
  • Posted

Hi! I was on 30mg of Duloxetin for 2 wks then up to 60mg for another 4wks. Stopped due to my blood pressure was rising. I don't usually have it. It did help alot with fibromyalgia pains an I dont think I took it long enough to help with anxiety and depression. Usually antidepressants can take 4-6 wks to start working. Some 8wks (prozac-horrible for me!) I may get back on Cymbalta. I was under a huge amount of stress at the time. No real side effects like Zoloft or Prozac. My Dad has been on 30mg for almost 2 yrs (81yrs old) for osteoarthritis pain. It has cut it down 70%. But he has gained wt. Goodluck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.