I have developed delayed stomach emptying or symptoms of gastroparesis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been taking Tizanidine for about a year (my husband's prescription) to help with sleeplessness and seemed to have developed gastric issues. I had an upper endoscopy back in October which indicated a slightly inflamed stomach and was prescribed pantoprazole which helped tremendously. Now my medication is not helping at all and I have increased the dosage of Tizanidine...could this muscle relaxer be the cause of my stomach problems?!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, are you doctors aware that you have been using Tizanidine for an extended period of time? I am asking because in some patients Tizanidine can cause liver injury. You can find more information on the site of the National Institute of Health. Just enter livertox and Tizanidine. 
  • Posted

Yes definitely, why are you self prescribing and taking medication prescribed for someone else, this means you are not being checked for toxicity, I would imagine you could be causing real problems, stop this and go and see your GP and tell them what you have been doing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.