I have different symptoms ... ie not dizzy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi chaps, newbie here, a few months ago I woke up in the early hours feeling dizzy, dreadful sensation, thought the end was close but eventually got back off to sleep woke up feeling pretty rough, almost hung over. I had no recurrance and forgot it until it happened again and I went to the gp, he suggested mild labtynthitis though I have only felt dizzy on those two occasions in the night. Then today I dozed off in the garden and awoke face down in the dirt with a nasty graze on my face I thought I'd had a stroke, I felt terrible, very dizzy and a little sick. I managed to get a an ecg at the doctors and my bp was checked - all was well so maybe a return of the labrynthitis. So maybe got up too quickly and feinted, though I remember nothing, does this sound like a symptom anyone else has experienced. I've only had the three 'attacks' the rest of the time I feel totally normal - quite unlike so many of you guys who sadly seem to have a permanent problem.

Many thanks Roger

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Wow you poor thing! That must have been scary. I've had labs for 9 weeks and pretty much feel drunk all the time. It is slowly getting better but is taking it's time. I do have periods where I zone out if that makes sense . Not so much now but a lot in the beginning and it scared the life out of me! Everyone's symptoms are different so if your dr says labs then it probably is. If you're worried, push for an ENT referral and they can usually give you a diagnosis. X 
    • Posted

Thanks babz for your contribution, I really must make the doc' get me a visit to ent ... 
    • Posted

I think so yeah . I've visited a private neuro physio as I was referred to ENT 7 weeks ago and still heard nothing. So I've begun VRT already xxxx
  • Posted

I had symptoms of dizziness, loss of balance, numbness in feet and hands. Finally realised that it was a Vitamin B12 deficiency. I'm now taking an iron syrup with Vitamin b12 and folic acid. Also taking a vitamin supplement containing methylcobalamin 1500mcg. Feeling much better in 1 day. Also I reduced the antacids I was taking as this hinders absorption of Vitamin B12

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.