I have Dry Eye Syndrome

Posted , 2 users are following.

My optician discovered it at a routine appointment and told me it is severe.

For the last 12 months or so, every so often my eyes swell and a lose fluidy bag appears under my eyes. this is possibly down to medication I am taking such as Pregbalin. Does any one else soffer from this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

I've just seen your post. I have been diagnosed with severe dry eye disease and have been given various treatments, some of which work better than others. But I still get a lot of burning pain in my right eye, plus I have other facial pain. A maxillofacial surgeon has just prescribed Pregabalin for me, to help with the face pain, ,and I wondered how you've been getting on with it? Has it helped to reduce your pain/ burning?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.