I have dry mouth (really uncomfortable) please help!?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have dry mouth and dry ear wax  since I was 16 (I’m 23 now).

In 2016 due to high blood pressure I went to the hospital and I was diagnosed with a Pheochromocytoma in my right adrenal gland that was later removed.

Doctors thought that my dry mouth was a consequence of my Pheochromocytoma, but after the removal I still experience dry mouth symptoms.

I visited several doctor but they can’t find anything wrong with me. 

I went through numerous medical prescribed tests and no anomalies were found. I’ve done so far a pelvic and abdominal MRI, 24h urine test, an ultrasound to my salivary glands and to my thyroid, tests for Sjögren syndrome, HIV, hepatitis,  ...

please, if you have any ideia of what may be causing my dry mouth please help me. It is really, really unconfortable. 

Thank you!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I’m started having the same dry mouth symptom since a week ago. It’s just too much discomfort and my throat is really dry too, I feel my saliva has been blocked and cannot go in there. It really affects my eating. I can’t chew and swallow as normal as before...it completely ruined my life. I did the ENT endoscopy and nothing was found. I don’t know what to do next...I posted in Anxiety group trying to search for some answers. What kind of tests do you do for Sjögren syndrome? Don’t know if I should check for this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.