I have DVT and decided that i wanted to have another child but im on xarelto for life

Posted , 3 users are following.

So is it something that i can take that wont harm the baby if i do get pregnant to where i wont be at such a risk to clot as much?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This I could  tricky. I really think you need to speak with your family doc your OB doc and your hematologist if you have one.  I think being pregnant increases the risk of clots because of hormonal changes but best to speak with the docs.  Did you have a DVT?  Did you have pulmonary emboli and when did it occur?  Judy
  • Posted

Hi my sister was on daltaparin injections during her pregnancy to prevent blood clots and it is safe for babies. Do inquire with your anticoagulant clinic or gp x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.