I have felt nauseous for about a year now Someone please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have felt extremely nauseous for about a year now. It started after I got sick. I have an extreme fear of vomiting so it makes it even worse. Sometimes I feel like laying down in the bathroom is the only thing that makes it go away. When I get nauseous I start shaking and freaking out BC im afraid of getting sick. I am always hungry BC when I don't feel good I don't eat thinking it will make it worse or make me sick. I watch cop shop constantly and now I constantly fear that something like what happens in the shows will happen to me. This also causes my panic/anxiety attacks. I never want to leave my house BC im afraid I will get sick in public. I get dizzy, weak and sick almost 24 hours a day everyday someone please help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have the exact same thing! From the minute I wake up I feel like I could throw up at any time.. Whenever I go out I'm always petrified I'm going to throw up in public.. Mine started when I was first diagnosed with gerd.. My doctors don't really believe me when I say I feel sick all the time but they keep saying it's probably my anxiety even though I went through therapy last summer and went on to anti depressants. Mines effected me so much I can't work.. I'm always dizzy and can't concentrate on anything and feel weak a lot like you said.. I'm sorry I can't help. I've been searching for an answer for 14 months and no one can help. I hope we find something soon x
    • Posted

Sorry whats a gerd I feel dumb asking but I really jsut don't know
    • Posted

Must be hard not working....do you have friends and family who support you and understand?
    • Posted

My family support me but they find it hard to understand as they're not going through it. They try their best.. I feel god damn awful for not being able to bring money in for myself though so I'm constantly putting myself under pressure.
  • Posted

Have had a lot of the same issues as you for years.

Trips to emergency Rooms 3to 4 x a year all testing wheather it be blood work , endoscopys ,colonoscopys , nuclear follow threw on intestines cat scans all come back normal , finally went to another doctor who tested me for c.diff . This is a very nasty bacteria . Tested positive was put on flagyl ( metronidazole) feeling much better now . If you have been on protein pump inhibitors , are have taken antibiotics such as augmenting , amoxicillin, keflex or any other antibiotics in this class you are at a high risk to develope this . Good luck let me know how you make out

• Posted

This is just a suggestion but you sound quite distressed overall have you considered something like Generalised Anxiety Disorder? Anxiety has a huge impact on our physical health and can definitely cause symptoms like nausea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.