I have fetal alchol syndrome does anyone else

Posted , 4 users are following.

can anyone relate

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I thought that cleared up after treatment with Doctors? Educate me here. I know as with drugs it can cause development issues. But not major?
    • Posted

No Fetal Alchocol Syndrome is permanent it can not be fixed by Medication and yes it does cause developmental issues some worse than others
  • Posted

Hi Breann,

I do not have it. What is it like for you?  Would you like to talk about your experiance with it?  

• Posted

Yes i do live with Fetal Alchcol Syndrome everdyday i was born three months prematrue i have developmental problems its not too bad i still smile everyday
    • Posted

how has it effected you? How old are you? and how has it been for you that is different then for other's? Is there a way this community can support you? If so, what would that look like?

• Posted

It has affected my learning abilites and my speech im 18 the way that it is diffrent for me than others is that i have to focus and study more to understand certain topics i think the way the community can help is by not judging and support and just look at me and anyothers like there selfs
    • Posted

Yes, I agree, accepting other just the way they are and LOVING their differences, instead of judging.  

I'm glad you came here. I too had lots of troubles in school and work because of my learning disAbilities. Do you have good support at home and with friends?

• Posted

Yes i do Sometimes and my emotions are affected too and i have you as support how old are you? what are som of your learning disabiltites?
    • Posted

I had undiagnosed Celiac disease. I was told my whole life that I was "lazy" and "not trying". Teachers would be so frustrated with me. They told my folks I was not trying and was lazy so they were abusve to me. I was put in Special Education, it was like a jail. It was traumatizing.

I have trouble reading, i have 3 forms of dislexia couldnt do math if my life depended on it.  I also have traumatic brain injury when I was kicked unconcious for 4 hours and was never taken to the doc. and I was nearly drowned.  Lost some oxigen. and much more. 

I did got ot college and had a lot of help, but by then it was too late, the other disease were starting to kick in but I didn't know it. I knew I was exuasted but kept blaming myself.

had dead end jobs my whole life because I couldn't do the jobs. I get aggitated/overwelmed very easliy too.   It is hard life when you can't keep up with everyone. There is a lot more support out there now. I hope you have it better. hugz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.