I have Fibromyalgia My chest & ribs feel crushed & bruised What can I do?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have had Fibro for several years and although I have medication now that has greatly diminished the pain that I feel all over my body I still have  the sensation of being crushed. Often the weight of a single sheet is insupportable. I find it very uncomfortable now to wear a bra. My ribcage is very tender , especially under my arms and across my back. If I touch it even the slightest pressure is very painful, it feels as though I am bruised, and taking normal breaths makes it worse. If I cough or sneeze it feels as though I am being stabbed. Does anyone else have this problem, or a solution please?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, Julia! I absolutely have this same problem. it's miserable. Have you found anything that helps for you?

• Posted

Hi

I have had the same problem for years I managed to track mine to bacteria in the blood from a tick bite. Not Lyme but other types of more rare infection. Antibiotics cleared it but it returns if my immune system is down. If you feel it may be valuable to check, ask for rickettsia screening, plus ehrlichia test. Also an ACE bloodtest, mine is up when in pain, think it is something to do with how oxygen is distributed to skin and muscles..you would have to check that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.