I have finally done it off zopiclone

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well I have done it kicked that horrible drug not had any for 4 days now first couple were horrible actually went into doctors begging for some but they refused me actually done me a favour . First night without I got no sleep at all but 2nd got 2 hours, 3rd 5 hours and not even scared of trying to get to sleep tonight have been using nytol but at least that doesnt damage you with the same chemicals that are in zopiclone.

It took away all my confidence stopped eating, didnt care how I looked and ended up so depressed I just wanted to sleep. Now I want to get my life back on track ging to take a long time but be worth it.

Any one else trying to kick this drug do it now its not as hard as you think I was on them for 3 yrs and now actually

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey there Sandra!

Well done you! Isn't it great! I've done a week now and I'm so happy about that. Yeah i didn't sleep the first night which i expected then was getting several hours. CCouldn't drop off til 3 or 4am but was getting 5 or 6 hours. I've changed my viewpoint, I figure if you are lying down in a warm, comfortable bed you are getting rest if not sleep. I'm glad you didn't get your script cos it's just delaying the process and it helps me to know I'm not the only one going thro this transition period. I have not slept since Sunday night and I'm feeling weird, I am tired but sleep is evading me. I'm telling myself it's because the sedative is leaving my body, i don't know if this is fact but it is helping me accept the situation. I completely agree with what you say about zop taking all confidence and self respect. But we are on our way to freedom now, that's the Iimportant thing😆

• Posted

I went cold turkey after several years on them at quite a high dose.....I had health issues during this time .....infections and pain and I blame zopiclone a lot......it was hard but I was determined and gradually got easier ....my short term memory ..which had been affected too, returned a lot ...been off for nearly 6 months now and will never go back on them...I figure if I have a couple of nights with poor sleep..I listen to audiobooks so as not to get stressed about it...the body eventually will want sleep....and then you build new natural sleep patterns.

keep off them and get well my friend.....you are doing well ...keep it up .......

• Posted

hl dorothy

great for you` iv been on zopiclone on a very high dose. have weend down to 3  x 7.5mg a night, but still feel dreadfull, after seeing your comments i dont know if i should stop all together and just go through the hell ? i would be very gratefull for any advice

lisa x

• Posted

It's not the zopiclone I have trouble with, I take 5mg a night and it works great. I guess some people have a different reaction to it? My problem is getting the right dosage for seizure spasms, currently on 450 mg/day, may need another increase. Docs found a clot in my carotid artery which caused a few strokes this caused a major seizure.Finlly had a carotid endarterectomy to clear the artery of all the plaque no more strokes hopefully,but the seizure spasms are a pain in the ass!!
    • Posted

Hi Lisa,

i just stopped 8 days ago. I had been taking 3x7.5 at night for some months plus at least 2 at 5pm so it's has been an Interesting week or so. I'm tired but glad I've done it. Work out the pros and cons, it will help you reach the decision. Just stop, go through a rather weird period and look forward to getting the real you back. That's what I'm doing. Good luck!

• Posted

Congratulations Sandra!

What an achievement...pat yourself on the back.  I have been off of zipiclone for 3 months after being on them for 19 years.  Congratulations to others on this posting for getting off of this horrible drug!

• Posted

Hi folks, day 16, feeling good 😀

no sleep at all last night - so what?

sad it took me years to realise the zops were causing daytime anxiety, robbing my memory, blackouts but hey I'm on the right path!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.