I have found that I can drink and not have any for days after

Posted , 6 users are following.

but.... this scares me because now I want to. Problem is when I do I drink till I pass out or black out. Anyone ells find something like this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi sue I had the same problem, but since I take Selincro I never drink so much until the black out, this pils really help me
  • Posted

Hi Sue,

This is me also. And it's a constant battle I won't lie but this past weekend was the final nail in the coffin for that behaviour. I was told I needed to change or I was going to lose something important to me. So the journey starts! So I'm here if want want to jump on board with me smile

X

• Posted

hi Sue08 if your drinking like that, till you pass out or black out, i think you know you are heading for trouble, addiction is a progresive disease, your tolerance grows and your demand for the substance increases, you really need to address this before it becomes a more serious problem, certainly a period of abstinance would be a good idea, see how yoour body reacts and more importantly if you start craving alcohol after a short period of abstinance then you are hitting all the markers on the way to addiction, talk to your GP or to an addiction counsellor for guidance, better to seek professional help now rather than wait till it becomes a necesity rather than a choice - that was how my heavy drinking started then the days between binges became fewer then it was every day then all day every day, then i had no choice but to seek help- save yourself this possible route and sort it now- i wasted twenty years of my life to alcohol, hate to see anyone make the same mistake- life is so much better for me since i gave up drinking 9 years ago- best of luck Sue- keep posting and let us know how you are getting on- you will get plenty of support here- all the best
    • Posted

Brilliant response. Well tought out and since you have a lot of experience in this field this is what makes this forum so great. Keep going. 
  • Posted

Hi sue I had the same problem where my binge drinking just escalated to the point where I blacked out. That was the warning to do something so the short of it is that I am now taking selincro 1 to 2 hours before s drink and it really does work. The cravings have dropped and in turn so has the desire to drink but at least I can be a social drinker now by taking a tablet before and only needing the one large wine when out with company. Please see your GP!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.