I have found that Irbersartan has left me with constant nagging pains...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have found that it has left me with constant nagging pains in my legs, although I can still funtion ok it is sometimes restrictive especially after sitting or similar, effects excersise which requires a lot of effort to fight fatigue and weak ankles. Unable to use leg kicks while swimming breaststroke for any time without getting cramps.

[i:8474cb42c5]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:8474cb42c5]

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i too have had nothing but trouble with my legs since taking this medicine. doctor says it is as safe as a placebo and as it has corrected my blood pressure i should keep taking it . i have been taking it 12 months and feel i have aged 10 years in that time.
  • Posted

Hi Ethel,

What dosage do you take. I was on 75mg but had only been taking this medication for awhile when something happened and my bp went low so I halved this dose because it is supposed to be beneficial for my kidneys. I cannot say for sure whether this medication has added to my aches and pains because I take so many others.

• Posted

My husband has been taking this drug now for many years and is having terrible pain in his legs and arms and does not sleep well. Going to the doctor next week to see if he will try something else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.