I have freedom!! I can drive

Posted , 3 users are following.

What a difference it makes when you have a bit of freedom. I managed to drive into town today to see the physio all by myself like a big girl. Physio went well, he says my TKR leg is just as strong as my good one so it's time to concentrate on range of movement. He's massaged my quad because its tight my goodness it made my eyes water. He gave my knee cap a good massage too. He said my pain threshold is high well it needs to be after this op 😁

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well done to you. Sounds like you're doing great and now you've got "freedom" again lol.

• Posted

It's a positive step back to normality. Going to drive myself to the health club tomorrow to see if I can do some stretching exercises with the aid of warm water. 

• Posted

Sounds so good. I get so lonely at times because my husband is out at work doing different shifts and I don't know anyone in my town. My nearest pals are 25 miles away but he sometimes drops me off at my pal on way to work then picks me up again when he finishes

• Posted

I feel your pain I've been a prisoner in my own home for 7 weeks. Sure I've been taken out for an occasional meal but it's regaining that independence which is so important. I've missed it so much. Louise you will get there X 

• Posted

Yaaay, I'm getting out tomorrow!! My hubby's on a 10 to 7 shift so he's dropping me of at my pal and picking me up afterwards x

• Posted

Remember...not linear.  Also, there are specific "points" you will notice in the recovery...like small milestones.  Getting off the opioids, driving again, getting off the walking aids, achieving your ROM and more.  These are the signs of a continuing recovery and cannot be measured OR EXPECTED on any timescale.  They happen when they happen.  Celebrate every one...means your slowing returning to a normal life.

• Posted

It's funny it's the small things that you used to take for granted that mean so much when you can achieve them. Just need to get this range of movement back and I'll be a happy girl X 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.