I have Gastroparesis - Severe pain, unable to eat/drink. Do I need to go to A&E?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I am new to this. I have recently been diagnosed with Gastroparesis, but I have had this for around 2 years. Believed to have been caused by earlier eating disorders in my life which I have overcome. The past couple of days I have been in severe pain, unable to eat/drink and unable to function. I have spent my days in bed is copious amounts of pain and nothings working. This is the worst the pain has ever been, I don't even have an appetite. I am feeling extremely light headed, weak and dizzy. I can't take my medication because I feel so nauseous. Do you think I need to go to A&E at this point? I don't know what to do? My gastroenterologist appointment is not until March. Does anyone have any experience with this and could provide some advice? I'm just desperate and I don't know where to go at this point.

Thanks!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.