I have Genital Herpes and nothing is helping!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I don't really know what i am looking for. help, comfort, advice. i am not sure.

I am in soooo much pain. its unbearable.

It was recently confirmed i have Genital Herpes.

I have this on my outer labia, inside my inner labia, my bottom lip and my tongue. so not doing too great. I found scratches on Wednesday 15th i thought it was thrush by Friday it was yellow and in circle shapes i also got the blisters near and on my urethra. When i pee it feels like little razors coming out and if i put water on it makes it sting also. When i sit in the bath it stings. Today the GUM clinic gave me lidocaine gel and aciclovir tablets.

As i am so raw down there, the cream feels like im being skinned alive. ( i was so looking forward to it 😦 lol) Another problem is i shaved probably the Wednesday and the hair is growing back, it isnt itchy its painful! It feels like loads of needles going in to me when i walk or move for that matter. And lastly, my period is starting. Can i wear a tampon?

How long does this last? I heard the first is always the worst.

Is there a secret to stopping the pain? I cant cry from pain anymore

Pic for attention - sorry its gross image

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i looked up ibuprofen can help with pain for a couple hours , cold compresses

• Posted

Abreva is for herpes simplex 1 (a.k.a cold sores), not for herpes simplex 2. She's on the right med (aciclovir), an antivirus.

• Edited

Hi dee,

Sorry to hear you've got herpes.

Some points:

1. The treatment you've been given (aciclovir) is very effective, so take the full course and if it doesn't settle then go back to the clinic for a second course. A severe primary outbreak (like yours) can sometimes take a little longer to clear.
    2. Lidocaine gel. Yes, it stings when it's first applied but then it starts to numb the area. Persevere with it for now, but as the sores start to heal it won't need to applied. If you need more, you can either go back to clinic or buy it from a pharmacist/chemist/drugstore without prescription.
    3. Salt baths. Yes, you're doing the right thing! Make sure bath is warm; sprinkle maybe 2-3 tbsp salt and pee in the bath water if urination is hurting. Drinking lots of fluids will make the urine dilute and will make it less stingy.
    4. Pain relief. You need to be in bed, not walking around. A hot water bottle may help, as will regular doses of paracetamol.
    5. Wear a pad, and don't use tampons for now in case the infection has also affected the vagina.

You're on the right track to recovery but I appreciate it feels like a lifetime when you have to endure this under difficult circumstances.

Adhari.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.