I have GERD with all the usual symptoms..plus dizziness as a new one. Does anyone else have this?

Posted , 11 users are following.

GERD for about 3 years. Also a perforated ulcer 2 years ago. Was put on PPI Pantrapazole 40 mg per day. Current symptoms are the lump in throat sensation daily, nausea daily, buzzing in ears from time to time, sinus pressure from time to time, and mild abdominal pain most of the time. I've read where some people have had all the above symptoms but now I'm experiencing bouts of dizziness sitting, standing, and walking it makes no difference. This dizziness is very scary especially since I haven't seen anyone else mention it in association with Acid Reflux. I had an endoscopy 2 years ago but am about to have another very soon. Has anyone had dizziness by any chance?

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi carol do you ever get breathless? For me i also get pain sometimes when I breath in deeply
    • Posted

Yes I do get breathless. And I have a lot of mild chest pain. I also get short stabbing pains here and there as if someone is sticking pins in a voodoo doll. I don't know anymore what is relevant to Gerd and what is not. There are just so many varied symptoms that seem to go along with it.
  • Posted

Hi.. so glad to know that my symptoms match with somebody like you.. I feel sorry for us who suffer everyday fro this silent reflux, ruining our daily activities and causing distress in our life. Its really uncomfortable to have dizziness occurring with all other symptoms of this acid reflux. What I feel about this is that the acid refluxes silently, without heartburn feeling, all the way up to the nerves of the inner ear, causing dizziness and imbalance. I have been to the ENT many times and they couldn't find anything wrong with my ears. I guess we just have to reduce these acid with medications so as not to damage our esophagus, throat, sinuses and maybe our inner ear. Hope science would find something new to stop these acids from refluxing without surgery. Bless us all.
    • Posted

Hi mate..i take nexium tablet everyday.it supresses the acid but seem to get other symptoms.chest pains scare me to death but I try and tell myself it isn't a heart issue..i think my diet isn't to great sometimes..ive eaten bread products mostly today and this afternoon had some chocolates along with coffee...i started shortly after with some chest pain and some chest fluttering along with about 2 hours of burping and small vomiting attacks.it was horrible.im sure its what I ate that caused it because I've suffered with similar symptoms for over 2 years.....i feel ok now after about 4 hours but wish I hadn't had eaten it.problem is gluten free food is so expensive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.