Skip to content
in this discussion +2 following Follow this discussion

I have had 5 hip surgeries for labrum tears new MRI Arthrogram shows acetabular retroversion

I'm a 24 year old woman and I have had a total of 5 hip surgeries over the course of a several years 2009-2017. When I was 16 I was first daignosed with a labrum tear right hip, had that repaired. Still had symptoms and started in left hip as well. My initial surgeon had left the practice and so I traveled 3 hours to and from Long Island ny to Connecticut to another hip arthroscopy specializing in hips. I was diagnosed in January 2010 with two new tears one on the left and one on the right. So in feb. I had my left hip done: labrum repair and soas tendon release. Followed a few months later same surgery on the right. But I still continued to have symptoms of pain, clicking and locking plus swelling. I then found Dr. Neri who once again repaired my labrum on each side and fixed an FAI type impingement on each side in 2014. I was somewhat better for a little over 1 and a half years and I still had pain just not as bad. But over the years my pain got worse so I went back to my most recent surgeon and I just had another MRI arthrogram that showed a re-tear of the labrum and acetabular retroversion of the superior aspect of the acetabulum. I'm going tomorrow to discuss my results and will probably get imaging done of my right side. I have done pretty much everything arthroscopically possible and saw a surgery called PAO surgery. Has anyone had it and had good results? Is this my last option? My Dad's sister also just got diagnosed with hip dysplasia. If that matters I don't know. But I'm scared and have been living in agony for a long time and am looking for a solution.

Report this

4 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

Forums Terms & Conditions